Bug Report: Convos with moving props

Discuss IB/IBx engine ideas, bugs, etc.
Pongo

Bug Report: Convos with moving props

Post by Pongo »

Ok this is a weird one.

I have a moving NPC prop that triggers a convo if the pc steps on the same tile. This works fine.

It is a standard convo. The first time the pc triggers the convo, the NPC introduces themselves; that convo node has an action to set a global integer. The second time the pc triggers the convo, there is a conditional node that recognises the integer so the NPC responds to the PC as if they've already spoken.

It weirdly doesn't work for the moving prop. When the PC steps on the prop, the conditional node is always shown first, even when it is the first time the convo has been triggered and the global integer is therefore not set.

I couldn't see anything wrong with the set-up, so I tried placing the convo in a trigger on a static tile. Here it works fine - the conditional node is skipped over first time round, and only triggers when the global integer is set.

I can't see how the fact that its a moving prop would be the cause, but it seems to be the only thing that is different.
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: Bug Report: Convos with moving props

Post by slowdive »

The code for handling tile triggers and prop triggers are two separate routines so it could be that the prop trigger routine has the error. I'll add it to my list of bugs to look at.
Pongo

Re: Bug Report: Convos with moving props

Post by Pongo »

Thanks Slowdive