Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Post by slowdive »

Posted IBx (1.182.009) to the internal testing group on Google Play. If you would like to be added to the group, send me a PM and I'll add your gmail email address to the list.

https://play.google.com/apps/internalte ... 9560214193

Give it a try and let me know if you see improvements to FPS on your device. Maybe try recording your current FPS before updating.

Next, I am going to look at creating an iOS release through Apple's TestFlight system. Not sure on the timeline just yet, stay tuned.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Reading amazing progress there in short time! I will try out fps increase, scrolling move and camera pan tomorrow... fine times for IB indeed :) .
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

I did a first round of test driving, great work :) :

- feels much more responsive on my note9 (around 15 fps, ranging from 10 to 20)
- combat panning is awesome - wish I could get it in for IB normal (or just free scrolling via key down in combat screen)
- double move on up is gone

Some observations on top of that:
- scrolling movement on mainmap not working, likely intentionally for fps reasons
- a tap to move would be nice on mainmap (as it works in combat already)
- party tail movement behaviour is still somewhat off (it is supposed to move tot the square that the party was on beforehand, from its scurrent position)
- combat movement speed is tied to frame frate, this is likely a bug in normal IB; it should use some normalized elpase based value instead
- Blackwinter is not using the mainmap traits, so these should be turned of on main map screen (this would also speed up draw times a bit); the trait values currently do not react to leader chnage
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

The planning code is very simple and small. You can look at my last commit to see it... well two commits ago

Great catches and feedback. I’ll look into these once I have implemented all the new commits to v183.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Last night I added another IB commit to IBx. Only two more commits to go to get IBx up to v183 :P
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Awesome, almost there :) !

I will look into the panning code, it would be really great to get this in. Oh, I fear the last (or maybe even both) commit for IB is quite large as it changes so many log entries in so many places. It's a very tedious work unfortunately (had to do it in chunks to not overly frustrate myself). A shortcut might be to to intercept everthing later in the text draw function hierarchy (for combat log) and turn all colors to white. Then turn all entries that match a pc name to green and all entries that match a cr_name to red. This would catch quite a lot of the changes (not all though unfortunately, it would miss healing to green and damage to red as well as more substantial changes concerning the info provided for new and existing, but modified entries to log).
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I typically just copy and paste entire methods over the existing one in IBx. As long as there are no sharpDX or file management stuff it works flawlessly. If it doesn’t work and I get lots of red underlines, then I undo the paste and copy over one or a few lines at a time and rewrite the parts that are IBx unique. It usually goes fairly quick since the code base is practically identical (probably 98% is the same).
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Ah, that's a very efficient approach :) , should work smoothly this way...
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Three down and one more commit to go. Script functions is a doozy, but I think I can copy whole methods at a time. Should have IBx ready tomorrow night to be caught up to v183.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Finished updating IBx to v183 and tested the UWP build on my PC. Now I need to start testing on my phone... so far it seems to be working fine. I need to figure out a way to do right and left clicking functions on a touch screen.