IB (pc only, testbed) Development updates

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: IB (pc only, testbed) Development updates

Post by slowdive »

That is an exciting and impressive list of tasks there :D
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Hey there! I've downloaded the most recent version, and I can't get it to work -- maybe because I use layers 4 & 5 in all my maps.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Quick question. Something I noticed after the switch to v192, please see the screenshots below.

On the right side of the screen, notice how the spacing between the character portraits has been increased so that the sixth character's portrait now overlaps the compressed movement pad in the bottom corner. It is also this way in v193

Heark20427.jpg
Heark20427.jpg (20.35 KiB) Viewed 7874 times
Back in v184, the portraits were spaced much closer together and there was no overlap with the movement pad.
Heark200427.jpg
Heark200427.jpg (18.94 KiB) Viewed 7875 times

Is this something that can be adjusted on the builder's side, in a config file possibly?

edit: OK, maybe the movement pad (before being expanded) isn't smaller on the combat screen. But it does appear that the positioning of the portraits is higher than on the Adventure Screen, so there is no overlap. Is it something in a config file that changed the UI layout?
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Hey, glad you noticed that one, Dorateen. It's related to the widescreen adjustments. I will look into it. Which resolution are you running?

I am a bit out of the loop currently, as RL is really busy here. We move appartments soon and there's so much to do/organize, sigh... I hope it will get better mid June the latest :).
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Hey there! I've downloaded the most recent version, and I can't get it to work -- maybe because I use layers 4 & 5 in all my maps.
Hey Zach, oops - that's not good. I will give it a test run with the latest version of Malkin I can dig up here...
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

youngneil1 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:35 pm Hey, glad you noticed that one, Dorateen. It's related to the widescreen adjustments. I will look into it. Which resolution are you running?
Hi youngneil1, great to hear from you. Very understandable with the transition. The screens I posted above were running the game in 1440 x 900 resolution.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I too have been unusually busy with RL due to virus, teleworking, and family stuff. Plus I’m going through my brother’s old 4track tapes and converting them to digital which I have been avoiding for years, too painful.
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Hey Karl, glad to hear everything's good (though hectic). Thanks for looking into it -- but no rush! I can easily use 192 for now. If you want the most recent version let me know.

Slowdive -- working remotely is way more time-consuming than I thought it would be, are you finding it the same?
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

I feel you, Jer.

@Zach: I made overgrowth and dynamic overlay in layers 4 and 5 optional now (incoming module setting). I hope next version will fix the issue for you. I did not have Malkin crashing though, it was more that some graphics became transparent when I moved closer (likely because they had been placed in layer4). We will see, keep fingers crossed.

@Dorateen: I found this entry here in the MainUILayout file (in data folder):
"tag": "btnToggleArrows",
"ImgFilename": "btn_small",
"ImgOffFilename": "btn_small_off",
"ImgOnFilename": "btn_small_on",
"Img2Filename": "btnarrows",
"Img2OffFilename": "",
"Img3Filename": "",
"GlowFilename": "btn_small_glow",
"btnState": "Normal",
"btnNotificationOn": false,
"glowOn": false,
"Text": "",
"Quantity": "",
"HotKey": "",
"X": 9,
"Y": 920,
"IBScript": "none",
"Width": 100,
"Height": 100,
"scaler": 0.8,
"playedHoverSound": false,
"show": true
Specifically the "y: 920" entry is responsible for setting the height/y position of the arrow panel button (higher means lower on screen) . Is yours set to 920, too? If not, adjustign it might fix a part of the issue.

Regardless of this, I see quite a few bugs during my testing, too (like hp/sp numbers not aligning with portriats correctly anymore, the blended in arrow panel's arrow buttons are also a bit mispalced...) Lots of work ahead :lol: ...
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

youngneil1 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:05 pm Specifically the "y: 920" entry is responsible for setting the height/y position of the arrow panel button (higher means lower on screen) . Is yours set to 920, too? If not, adjustign it might fix a part of the issue.
Thanks for looking into it. Yes, I'm showing the same coordinates in the MainUILayout file, x: 9, y:920. There might be something there with the other configuration settings, but I have not tested yet.