IceBlink Engine Streaming

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
zach_holbrook

Re: IceBlink Engine Streaming

Post by zach_holbrook »

Those are some good adjustments! I think your version is actually easier to make sense of.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I started a Let's Play of Hearkenwold (IB v204) and posted the first episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN8iymQ76Q8

Here are a couple of screenshots from episode one showing my party, the new d20 screen (can be toggled off/on depending on your interest in using it or not), and an early encounter with goblins:

My Party: male dwarf fighter, female human cleric, male elf ranger, female elf thief, male elf wizard

IB35.PNG
IB35.PNG (2.85 MiB) Viewed 9428 times
IB36.PNG
IB36.PNG (2.33 MiB) Viewed 9428 times
IB37.PNG
IB37.PNG (3.13 MiB) Viewed 9428 times
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Episode 2 of my Hearkenwold Let's Play is up:

My thief and the cleric hit level 2, yeah! We had to make one trip back to the castle so far, but the rolls are getting better now :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uBTBAWiY0U

I think the two weapon fighting is not working correctly in Hearkenwold. I just checked the code briefly and it looks okay so I'll need to verify that the actual trait in Hearkenwold is okay. I'll look at it tomorrow before my next stream.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Thanks! I tried the two weapon fighting, but did not use it much. I had not noticed if modifiers are being applied correctly.

Just had a chance to watch the full stream. Very fun episode, I enjoyed the battle when your party first enters the cave. Always nice to see characters making smart use of resources.

So I understand the two weapon fighting, when Veloria equipped the two short swords, her main/offhand attacks were -3/-7. This is after she leveled and picked up the trait. Then when she switched to the dagger in the offhand, each attack was improved by 2, to -1/-5. Are those numbers correct on the character sheet? Or was it how the modifier was calculated when attacking? I like the split attack idea, and look forward to seeing that in action.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Episode 3 is up. I fixed the twoweaponfighting trait for Hearkenwold as seen in ep3. The Effect didn't have values assigned to the properties so I fixed that and now it works correctly:
twfL1:
"twoWeaponFightingMainHandModifier": 2,
"twoWeaponFightingOffHandModifier": 6,
twfL2:
"twoWeaponFightingMainHandModifier": 4,
"twoWeaponFightingOffHandModifier": 8,

I wonder if short swords should be considered light weapons and maybe finesse as well? Although having daggers be finesse and not short swords makes the dagger more useful? Maybe the swords should have a threat range of 19-20?
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

slowdive wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:33 am I wonder if short swords should be considered light weapons and maybe finesse as well?
Since I make a bunch of short swords available to a starting party, I did not want to introduce weapons with special properties right away. Rather, I would like the characters to acquire their first finesse/light weapon through other means. Like you said, it makes the dagger have more value. I have daggers and rapiers set to light and finesse.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

That makes sense to leave the short swords as is so as to make future found weapons more special.

Episode 2 and Episode 3 summary:
Explored more of the goblin cave and eventually confronting their very large leader:
CaptureEP2_01.PNG
CaptureEP2_01.PNG (2.93 MiB) Viewed 9401 times
CaptureEP2_03.PNG
CaptureEP2_03.PNG (2.46 MiB) Viewed 9401 times
CaptureEP3_02.PNG
CaptureEP3_02.PNG (2.69 MiB) Viewed 9401 times
I then returned to let Khas know of our findings and he then is sending us on another mission:
CaptureEP3_03.PNG
CaptureEP3_03.PNG (1.69 MiB) Viewed 9401 times
I fixed a bug that was incorrectly calculating the two weapon fighting modifiers for those with the trait:
CaptureEP3_01.PNG
CaptureEP3_01.PNG (2.25 MiB) Viewed 9401 times
I explored south of Castle Hearkenwold a bit before adventuring on with the mission. I was 'ambushed' by some goblins and spiders:
CaptureEP3_04.PNG
CaptureEP3_04.PNG (3.86 MiB) Viewed 9401 times
CaptureEP3_05.PNG
CaptureEP3_05.PNG (4.14 MiB) Viewed 9401 times
CaptureEP3_06.PNG
CaptureEP3_06.PNG (3.54 MiB) Viewed 9401 times
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Good stuff. I've been enjoying the let's play streams of the first three episodes. It is always interesting to see how different parties measure up, and how you approach the adventure.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Thanks Dorateen! I'm enjoying my playthrough and finding all kinds of new things that I hadn't seen before that must have been added since my last play through. I posted episode 4 just now and I'm in the town of Witchlight.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

I enjoyed watching your exploration of Witchlight in episode 4. The new weather animation, combined with the somber music, contributes a lot to the atmosphere. And there is a sense of moving through an unsafe place with the characters afflicted with the reoccurring damage.

Looking forward to the next part!