Flatfooted

Discuss IB/IBx engine ideas, bugs, etc.
Pongo

Flatfooted

Post by Pongo »

How does "flatfooted" work? At the minute the monsters seem to always get flatfooted at the start of combat, giving the PCs a free attack round. What should I tweak to give the monsters a chance of winning "flatfooted" and getting the advantage? Is it possible to turn flatfooted off for certain encounters where neither side would be taken by surprise, eg following on from a conversation? Thanks!
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: Flatfooted

Post by slowdive »

I’m not sure how that system works, Karl created that. I’ll dig into the code and see what I can find.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Pongo wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:14 pm How does 'flatfooted' work? At the minute the monsters seem to always get flatfooted at the start of combat, giving the PCs a free attack round. What should I tweak to give the monsters a chance of winning 'flatfooted' and getting the advantage? Is it possible to turn flatfooted off for certain encounters where neither side would be taken by surprise, eg following on from a conversation? Thanks!
It looks like there is a module setting 'useFlatFootedSystem' that can be turned on/off.

It looks like there is a trait and trigger setup plus a skill check to determine who gets the surprise round or nobody gets it. I'm not sure if Karl has a post explaining how to use it or not. If not, best to turn it off until it is better documented.
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

Thanks Slowdive - I'll turn it off for now.