calendar/worldtime question/bug

Discuss IB/IBx engine ideas, bugs, etc.
zach_holbrook

calendar/worldtime question/bug

Post by zach_holbrook »

Hey all, I've been testing Malkin and have discovered something odd about the calendar. Malkin takes place over the course of seven days, July 26 - August 1. I've noticed that a few days are skipped! The calendar reliably jumps from Sunday, July 28 to Monday, August 1.

Not sure how this might be fixed -- or does the engine not use a standard calendar (maybe all the months are 28 days long?).
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: calendar/worldtime question/bug

Post by slowdive »

I’m not familiar with the calendar system. It sounds like a bug or maybe the system needs some additional functionality. I’ll add it to my list :D
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

zach_holbrook wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:04 pm or does the engine not use a standard calendar (maybe all the months are 28 days long?).
I'm pretty sure this is it. The calendar is based on a 28 day month. I tried to find an old post with youngneilone discussing the world time setting, and the calculations to get the game to start on an exact year. But I just tested, and sure enough, the calendar turns from the 28th of the month to the first of the next month of the season.
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Ah, thanks Dorateen. Seems like the simplest solution is to move the timeline of Malkin forward to the beginning of August. Thanks!
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Just did it -- and shifting the calendar to the same dey next week makes the starting date of the game August 5, which happens to be today's date! Quite a coincidence!