IB Features/Bugs Tracking List

Discuss IB/IBx engine ideas, bugs, etc.
zach_holbrook

Re: IB Features/Bugs Tracking List

Post by zach_holbrook »

Swift action bug?

I've designed a lot of swift actions, so I'm puzzled about why I didn't notice this before -- but if I move and then use a swift action, the movement resets to the character's maximum of 3 (yes, the PCs on my maps move about very slowly). Anyone else seeing this issue?

Edit:
I was able to duplicate this effect with free actions as well. Again, not sure how I missed this before! Strangely, I can get this to happen *most* of the time, but rarely swift actions and free actions don't reset movement. I haven't been able to see any pattern to when it works or doesn't.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I'll add this to my list. I'm not familiar with the system that Karl must have added so I'll need to dig into this.
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Hey Jeremy, thanks! Let me know if you want me to test anything.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Regarding the two weapon defense, this screenshot is the Effects list from the Proving Grounds Module. I couldn't find the effect for "Two Weapon Defense" to attached to the traits. I'd create these in the module, but how exactly would the AC modifier work when wielding a weapon in the off hand?
TwoWeapon.jpg
TwoWeapon.jpg (254.33 KiB) Viewed 7194 times
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Okay, I just checked the IBbasic code and compared to IB code. I see that in IBbasic I do a check to see if the PC has a trait with the tag "twoweapondefense1" or "twoweapondefense2" instead of using an Effect that has a property for two-weapon defense. I'll need to add this code to IB and I'll set it up to look for an effect instead of "hard coding" the trait tag check.
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Another bug for the list -- this one I've been aware of for a while but keep forgetting about it.

The inventory shows only the first 20 items. You can use the filter to show more; my guess is that doing this would still show only the first 20 filtered items, though I haven't checked. Luckily, I don't *think* this bug actually removes items.

I've uploaded a video showing the bug in action.

https://youtu.be/7uHNhSu3m0U
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

zach_holbrook wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:34 pm Another bug for the list -- this one I've been aware of for a while but keep forgetting about it.

The inventory shows only the first 20 items. You can use the filter to show more; my guess is that doing this would still show only the first 20 filtered items, though I haven't checked. Luckily, I don't *think* this bug actually removes items.

I've uploaded a video showing the bug in action.

https://youtu.be/7uHNhSu3m0U
Thank you for uploading the video, that will help a lot to track this one down. Adding it to the list.
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Awesome, thanks. I'll upload more if and as I find them -- doing a lot of testing right now.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

zach_holbrook wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:56 pm Awesome, thanks. I'll upload more if and as I find them -- doing a lot of testing right now.
Thanks for the extensive testing, that will be a huge help in tracking down as many outstanding bugs as possible. I’m hoping to have a very stable IB version 1.1.xyz out once we tackle all the bugs. Then I’ll start working on new features again for test builds before another stable 1.2 version. So I’m looking at Major.MinorStable.TestBuilds for the version numbering system.
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

slowdive wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:33 pm
Thanks for the extensive testing, that will be a huge help in tracking down as many outstanding bugs as possible. I’m hoping to have a very stable IB version 1.1.xyz out once we tackle all the bugs. Then I’ll start working on new features again for test builds before another stable 1.2 version. So I’m looking at Major.MinorStable.TestBuilds for the version numbering system.
Sounds great. I'll definitely keep you posted on things I find.