IB Features/Bugs Tracking List

Discuss IB/IBx engine ideas, bugs, etc.
zach_holbrook

Re: IB Features/Bugs Tracking List

Post by zach_holbrook »

I haven't updated since v195, so this issue may be left over from a previous build.

Some gc scripts are missing in v199--specifically, the ones that let you check the time of day/time of week/etc. It's possible there are other scripts missing that I didn't notice. The gcCheck(time) scripts don't appear in the script library when writing scripts, and places where I used those scripts in conversation now say "none." A heartbeat script that uses gcCheckIsInHoursWindowDaily still works, even though the script doesn't appear in the library. The same isn't true of the conversations, though (I suppose because the conversation editor needs all attached scripts to be in the library).
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

zach_holbrook wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:17 pm I haven't updated since v195, so this issue may be left over from a previous build.

Some gc scripts are missing in v199--specifically, the ones that let you check the time of day/time of week/etc. It's possible there are other scripts missing that I didn't notice. The gcCheck(time) scripts don't appear in the script library when writing scripts, and places where I used those scripts in conversation now say "none." A heartbeat script that uses gcCheckIsInHoursWindowDaily still works, even though the script doesn't appear in the library. The same isn't true of the conversations, though (I suppose because the conversation editor needs all attached scripts to be in the library).
I'll add that to the bug fix list.
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

Thanks Slowdive! Another one for the list please - I seem to be missing the gaOpenObject script (in v197 - haven't upgraded to v199 yet).
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

I forgot if this was mentioned, the critical hit multipliers that were introduced in build 199 for IceBlink, is that asymmetrical in the sense that enemies can land critical hits on the player too? If not, it is a feature that should be implemented at some point.
cartons

Post by cartons »

Dorateen wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:35 pm I forgot if this was mentioned, the critical hit multipliers that were introduced in build 199 for IceBlink, is that asymmetrical in the sense that enemies can land critical hits on the player too? If not, it is a feature that should be implemented at some point.
I can confirm. I've had enemies crit me in v199, and according to the table of monsters in slowdive's daily thread, you can even play with their multipliers and threat ranges.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Pongo wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:10 am Thanks Slowdive! Another one for the list please - I seem to be missing the gaOpenObject script (in v197 - haven't upgraded to v199 yet).
I wonder if copying the missing scripts from a previous version to the current version will fix the bug. Scripts are just text files that are found in the "default/NewModule/scripts" folder. I'll try this on my end as well, but give it a shot and see if it works on your end.

And carton is correct, I have the threat and crit multiplier working for creatures (there are properties in the creature editor in the toolset for both).
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

Thanks, good to know. I don't have gaOpenObject in a previous version though - I found a reference to it exploring the options for "doors" in the properties tab. Its mentioned there as an essential script (under "isDoor") but doesn't seem to be in the list.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

There is a slight glitch in version 200 with the uses per day feature introduced for traits.

Even though I have this set to false for all traits, the game still tries to run the arrays upon every new day or the ga_ForceRest script. The problem is that the Number of Uses per day array is for levels 1 to 8. I have characters who are 9 and 10, and this is causing the game to throw an exception.

Is there a global setting to turn off the use per day feature? Again, even though it is set to false on every trait, the game is still trying to reset the uses at 0:00 hours and upon resting. The other alternative would mean I have to go into every trait's Uses per Day array and add the additional levels.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

There isn’t flag right now and I’ll just add a check for the array size first before trying to run the new day or test stuff. I’ll try and have a hot fix out this week for this crash and call it v201
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Thanks! It's not critical at the moment, but it does mean the higher level party I have been testing with is unable to rest.