IB Features/Bugs Tracking List

Discuss IB/IBx engine ideas, bugs, etc.
zach_holbrook

Re: IB Features/Bugs Tracking List

Post by zach_holbrook »

A minor bug -- during character creation, changing a character's race after class selection resets the class, even if that class is allowed for that race. The biggest downside of this bug is that players may not notice (as I have sometimes not noticed) the change -- They finish character creation with a class that's different from the one they selected.

I can easily repeat this bug in Malkin, but that may be because I'm using custom classes/races. The class always resets to the first playable class in the class list.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

zach_holbrook wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:11 pm A minor bug -- during character creation, changing a character's race after class selection resets the class, even if that class is allowed for that race. The biggest downside of this bug is that players may not notice (as I have sometimes not noticed) the change -- They finish character creation with a class that's different from the one they selected.

I can easily repeat this bug in Malkin, but that may be because I'm using custom classes/races. The class always resets to the first playable class in the class list.
This isn't technically a bug since it was coded to work that way. I guess I could do a check when the player changes the race to see if the race can use the currently selected class and not change the class if it is available for that race. The trick would be when someone clicks through all the races and that would most likely result in changing the class to a class that is available for all or the first class in the list that is available for the currently selected race.

I'm open to suggestions on how to handle this :D
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Hmm...The solution you describe would take care of the issue for me (in Malkin, all races can use all classes), but in the second scenario -- someone using a different class/race system clicking through all races -- the reset issue would still be there.

What if instead of resetting the class, choosing an incompatible race grayed out/made a red X on the class button? If the player tried to move on to the next step of character creation without changing the class to something else, they'd get a message saying there was an incompatible class/race combo.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

That could work. I'll have to look into that and see if that would be possible.
cartons

Post by cartons »

https://pasteboard.co/Kbkluoh.png

Hey, unsure if this is a bug related to an update or error on my part, but I'm getting this bug report when attempting to run a SummonAlly script in an encounter. I'm pretty sure I got this to work in a previous version, and that I'm using the correct notation of "resref,x,y".
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

cartons wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:23 pm https://pasteboard.co/Kbkluoh.png

Hey, unsure if this is a bug related to an update or error on my part, but I'm getting this bug report when attempting to run a SummonAlly script in an encounter. I'm pretty sure I got this to work in a previous version, and that I'm using the correct notation of "resref,x,y".
Can you show me the script inputs you are using? It seems that it was failing when trying to convert a string to an integer for either parm2, parm3, or parm4.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

zach_holbrook wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:34 pm Another bug for the list -- this one I've been aware of for a while but keep forgetting about it.

The inventory shows only the first 20 items. You can use the filter to show more; my guess is that doing this would still show only the first 20 filtered items, though I haven't checked. Luckily, I don't *think* this bug actually removes items.

I've uploaded a video showing the bug in action.

https://youtu.be/7uHNhSu3m0U
I am now working on this bug and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. I added a bunch of items to the inventory via a conversation and I can see multiple pages with items and filtering works as well.
IB27.PNG
IB27.PNG (132.58 KiB) Viewed 6941 times
I'm not quite sure how to track it down without running the Malkin module files from within Visual Studio and step through it. Was there a version of IB with the inventory filtering that used to work? Maybe I can look at any changes that happened to the code since then. Do you see this same problem in other modules like Hearkenwold? Has anyone else been seeing this?
cartons

Post by cartons »

slowdive wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:13 pm Can you show me the script inputs you are using? It seems that it was failing when trying to convert a string to an integer for either parm2, parm3, or parm4.
https://pasteboard.co/Kbt8TTr.png

"Woo" is the resref for the creature, followed by x,y,no. of turns.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

cartons wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:49 pm
slowdive wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:13 pm Can you show me the script inputs you are using? It seems that it was failing when trying to convert a string to an integer for either parm2, parm3, or parm4.
https://pasteboard.co/Kbt8TTr.png

"Woo" is the resref for the creature, followed by x,y,no. of turns.
I think I have the same setup, using a custom summonAlly script in the encounter properties. This is what the summonAlly script I'm using looks like:

~gaAddTemporaryAllyForThisEncounter(parm(0),parm(1),parm(2),parm(3))
~gaAddTemporaryAllyForThisEncounter(parm(4),parm(5),parm(6),parm(7))
~gaAddTemporaryAllyForThisEncounter(parm(8),parm(9),parm(10),parm(11))
~gaAddTemporaryAllyForThisEncounter(parm(12),parm(13),parm(14),parm(15))

I have four lines, because I was adding 4 allies to the battle. Just the first line should work, like you said, using the tag of the ally in the first parameter, followed by coordinates and number of rounds. I just tested and it is still running the script properly.

Are you using an ally created in the Player Editor?
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

The easiest and most effective way to track down these bugs would be if you could send me your module folder and a savegame file to use just before the bug happens. I can then run the module inside of Visual Studio and find out exactly what is happening. You could send me (either via email or using the private message system here) a DropBox, Google Drive, etc. link to the zipped module folder.