removing effects in timeless areas

Discuss IB/IBx engine ideas, bugs, etc.
zach_holbrook

removing effects in timeless areas

Post by zach_holbrook »

Some areas (interiors, mostly) in Malkin don't have time (i.e., each step takes 0 minutes). In these areas, removing effects doesn't seem to work. This is mostly a problem if there's a combat in such an area, the combat ends, and whatever effects the PC had at the end continue indefinitely (sometimes killing them). I tried putting a trigger down that would cast the remove effect spell after this particular combat was triggered, but that didn't work. Is there some other way to remove effects? Or can anyone think of a workaround?
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: removing effects in timeless areas

Post by slowdive »

I'll have to look into that as having a zero time area wasn't really thought about when the system was setup. I'll add it to the v204 list. I can't think of a work around other than maybe passing a bunch of time on the first step after combat and then move world time back to the time before combat started.
zach_holbrook

Re: removing effects in timeless areas

Post by zach_holbrook »

Thanks for the response. I tried this yesterday, but alas it didn’t work. Then I tried another solution (trying to cast the remove effects spell via the combat spell script on the via onDeath of the last creature to die), and that didn’t work either. It seems like the PC actually needs to be moving through time for the effects to be removed? I’ll leave it alone for now—it’s not a game breaker by any means.