Malkin

Discuss user created adventure modules
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: Malkin

Post by slowdive »

Love the system enhancements and character build options that will make multiple playthroughs more interesting. My hope is to have IBx work well for Malkin and Hearkenwold on multiple platforms as well as it does on the PC. It will be a little tricky to get it to run as fast and load as fast as the PC version, but I'll do my best. Malkin and Hearkenwold deserve to be played by as many as possible and with the best engine that Karl and I can produce :D
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Sounds great, Jer! The idea of Malkin on portable platforms is really exciting to me. The wider audience, of course -- but I also think turn-based games just really work well as portable games.
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

The soundtrack for Malkin is DONE and LIVE! Check it out if you have a chance! It's on Spotify, Amazon, Apple, and so on.

https://open.spotify.com/album/1ZKZ5FjQ ... Z__8TV7r9Q
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Woohoo!! 🔥😄
cartons

Post by cartons »

Great! I'm going to bathe my ears in this tomorrow :)
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

Hey Zach, I had a listen this morning and really enjoyed your tunes! Really nice and professional sounding recordings, very atmospheric and evocative. Reminded me of Yann Tiersen sometimes, and also the Michael Nyman/Albarn work on the Ravenous soundtrack (probably because of the recurring sad/sinister banjo), both which are definite thumbs up in my book. Impressive stuff - the tracks will sound amazing in your game for sure.
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Thank you all! Pongo, I'm going to check out these artists. Thanks for listening, and I hope that you get to experience it in-game sooner rather than later.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Hey Zach, I am just browsing through the forum and it is so delighful to see all the good development and continuity. The map of the woods looks very impressive and makes my mind wander curiously around it in an instant. As always, the icons you made for the spells/traits are top notch, professional quality. Keep up the good work :) .
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Thank you! And thanks for all your great work. I hope to get Malkin out this year -- we'll see!
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

The end of the summer is here, and I'm pleased to report that Malkin is nearly finished (content wise anyway).

I have a week or two of writing left -- this is mostly to tie up side quests and write epilogues. (Malkin has five distinct endings, and each ending has several minor variations.) Otherwise, areas, creatures, items, and 99% of encounters are designed, spells and abilities are final, all art is done, and everything seems to be working -- though I'll let you know when I've actually played the game from beginning to end! It's been a long, rewarding project, and I'm excited to have people play it. There will be a lot of testing and tweaking before it's ready to go out into the world, of course, but having that happen before the end of the year is now realistic.

I'll keep you posted!