Malkin

Discuss user created adventure modules
Dorateen

Re: Malkin

Post by Dorateen »

Post by zach_holbrook » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:55 pm

The end of the summer is here, and I'm pleased to report that Malkin is nearly finished (content wise anyway).

I have a week or two of writing left -- this is mostly to tie up side quests and write epilogues. (Malkin has five distinct endings, and each ending has several minor variations.) Otherwise, areas, creatures, items, and 99% of encounters are designed, spells and abilities are final, all art is done, and everything seems to be working -- though I'll let you know when I've actually played the game from beginning to end! It's been a long, rewarding project, and I'm excited to have people play it. There will be a lot of testing and tweaking before it's ready to go out into the world, of course, but having that happen before the end of the year is now realistic.
That's good news. It will be great to have more IceBlink modules out there.
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

This is excellent news indeed!
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Exciting news indeed, Zach! I don't know if I will have the IB Unity version ready by then, but hopefully the current version of IB (v203) is working well enough for Malkin's initial release. My goal with v204 (first IB Unity version) is to have it full compatible with the existing modules so no work will need to be done by the builders to have their modules work with v204. v204 will be essentially the same, but with some UI changes and more potential for future features including better audio functionality.
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Thanks all!

Slowdive: Well, it's definitely not 100% finished, and I know it will require a lot of testing. There are so many moving parts. Meanwhile, I'm pretty satisfied with the balance of the first third encounters, medium satisfied with the second third, and I've hardly played the last 1/3 of them. I need to do many runs with many builds. And there will be plenty to revise in the writing, too. There's enough for a novel. So while it may be realistic to say it'll be ready this year, it isn't necessary and may not be desirable! In other words, I'm willing to wait for 204 however long it takes.
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Hey all, it's been some time since my last post here, but not because I've been inactive!

Here's a link to Malkin's Steam page!: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2481230/Malkin/.

It should be up and running in November if all goes according to plan. I'm in the midst of making achievements for it and, as always, testing.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

So good to see an IceBlink engine game on a platform for distribution. Best of luck!
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Thank you!!!!