Hearkenwold

Discuss user created adventure modules
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: Hearkenwold

Post by slowdive »

Pongo wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:18 pm I've just started a new run on Hearkenwold - I haven't played it for a couple of years so there's a load of new content I haven't seen yet. Looking forward to it! Last time I took a party of dwarves, but this time I'm going for a more traditional mix.
Make sure to record it so we can watch :D
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

slowdive wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:21 pm Is everything done manually in the conversion? Is KotC2 tile based or are the maps a single image?
I would say it is a manual process, with a lot of copy and pasting. Yes, the maps also use a single image. The dimensions of tiles are 64 x 64. If you recall, the IceBlink tilemap maker used those same dimensions and I produced 1024 x 1024 maps for each area. I am able to take those original map files and upload them into KotC2.

Pongo, thanks, and no pressure! I know time is limited when you have your own project you are working on. I hope you enjoy the new content.
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

I'll be playing it slowly over a few weeks I think - its a nice break from working on Pescua! I've only just cleared out the goblins and started heading east to the tavern, so early days. I just hit level 2 - Prayer looks like a great addition for my cleric, I don't remember that from last time. Its nice to try out two weapon fighting as well!
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Pongo wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:20 pm Prayer looks like a great addition for my cleric, I don't remember that from last time. Its nice to try out two weapon fighting as well!
Yes, I added a number of new spells including Prayer. I perhaps should have made it available later, but then I guess the trade off is your character can only choose one spell on level up so you might pass on another selection to get a great spell like Prayer.
cartons

Post by cartons »

I've been itching to replay this over the holiday. Are we still expecting a definitive version to land within a few weeks, Dorateen?
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

cartons wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:23 pm I've been itching to replay this over the holiday. Are we still expecting a definitive version to land within a few weeks, Dorateen?
Hi cartons, the IceBlink version that is available now greatly expands the module. It advances the narrative past the events in Skardale and guild quests, and adds new wilderness locations. As well as using the weather effects system and the new spells.

What I'm looking to finish up in the next few weeks is the Knights of the Chalice version, which will include all this playable content.
cartons

Post by cartons »

Ah, thanks for clarifying! I'll go ahead and jump in.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

cartons wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:42 pm I'll go ahead and jump in.
You should be able to copy the Hearkenwold saves folder into the newest module and continue with those characters, if you want. Unless you want to start with a new party.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Merry Christmas from Hearkenwold! Here is an animated gif showing the snow weather effect, just outside the Halls of Hamhock.

Starting to really come down out there. They better let us in.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Saw that on the Codex, very festive indeed and I do hope they open those super cool golden doors for us! Maybe there is more of that gold inside that they could spare :P