Hearkenwold

Discuss user created adventure modules
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: Hearkenwold

Post by slowdive »

Yes, but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to try... think of the wonderful tales we could tell at the tavern is we survived :lol:
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Here is a little treat for Valentine's Day. This is a dwarf the party will meet on their way into the Halls of Hamhock, and it can lead to some side content about romance and a lost love.
Attachments
Heark200214.jpg
Heark200214.jpg (153.19 KiB) Viewed 4898 times
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

The picture fits the dialogue perfectly. There's a shyness about that dwarf looking down that is properly reflected in his uncertain/insecure choice of words.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Thanks. He is a young dwarf, so I don't mind the short beard. I agree the posture is appropriate for his personality.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

The newest version of the Hearkenwold campaign is now available to download, using build 184 of the IceBlink engine.

https://neverwintervault.org/project/ic ... earkenwold

The adventure for the Thief Guild is included, a dungeon crawl that appears on a new outdoor map. Difficulty ranges from mid to high level, and some of the monsters encountered are not messing around. Nevertheless, if the party is brave enough, some unique treasures await. And of course, thief characters will have a special motivation.

This is the head of the thief guild, known as the Midnight Shadows. She is not messing around either. But if party members can succeed at achieving their objective, they will get the stat boosting strait, and the journal entry that records guild membership.

The latest version of IceBlink introduced a slight idle animation for enemy creatures, and smooth movement in combat. Here is a gif file to showcase these features, in addition to giving an example of the flow of battle.

Next up is going to be the paladin quest. I have already started working on this adventure, and I will have a lot to share in the next update.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Downloaded yesterday and updating my iPhone and iPad to Hearkenwold v184. The GIFs work great now on the forums for seeing animations and IB in action :D
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Thanks, slowdive. I wish the quality of the gif was better, but I edited the origianl mp4 of the video capture and saved it as a smaller resolution for the conversion into the animated image. Still, good enough to get the point across, I think.

Also, forget to mention here, I activated the "Battle Regeneration" trait in the toolset, making it available in Hearkenwold for characters at different levels. There are a few other traits that are in there but not set up yet, which I plan to incorporate in the next version.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

The battle gif is really cool, great fun to watch it :) . More traits to spice up things are always welcome - I look forward to what you come up with. When watching the gif of the battle you set up and skillfully composed, I realize the long way we have come together. Very proud of our little crew here.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

youngneil1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:21 pm The battle gif is really cool, great fun to watch it :)
Yes, combat in IceBlink feels very comfortable and fun to engage with right now. It is amazing to think how flexible the systems are, and there is potential to get even more creative. So far, I have picked specific instances to branch out and include things like the assassination victory condition, or surviving x number of rounds. Having enemies appear as reinforcements in later rounds is another way I've spiced up certain encounters.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Here's a super secret sneak preview from Hearkenwold. In another thread, I had talked briefly about trying to get a PC ally to join a battle. This works by using the IBscript "summonAlly" in the properties of this encounter. However, in order to add multiple unique allies, I needed to modify the default IBscript. It took a bit of trial and error, but I finally got it. I'm very satisfied to see it trigger as intended. As shown in the combat log, the four guys up top are friendly NPCs who appear to help the party in this fight.
Attachments
Heark20026.jpg
Heark20026.jpg (316.86 KiB) Viewed 4873 times