Hearkenwold

Discuss user created adventure modules
Dorateen

Re: Hearkenwold

Post by Dorateen »

slowdive wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:04 pm I was talking more about finesse weapons. Finesse weapons use dexterity instead of strength for the attack roll modifier.
Yes! I went through the weapon list yesterday and set all daggers and rapiers to light and finesse. Those will make great off hand weapons now.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Awesome! Who will have two-weapon fighting traits and at what levels? I also had a trait called "two-weapon defense" that increases AC when using two weapons, kind of a parry type thing I guess.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

What I ended up doing is this:

Thief and Ranger characters get Two Weapon Fighting (L1) at level 2 and Two Weapon Fighting (L2) at level 4.

They are are earliest, because I think these archetypes fit the concept of dual wielding most.

Fighters get the feats at levels 4 and 6, respectively. And Paladin gets it at 6 and 8.

Two weapon fighting is not available for Wizards or Clerics.

I have Two Weapon Defense in as well, and the traits follow the same structure for availability.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

That sounds great! I am looking forward to making another run through Hearkenwold with all the new features. I'll probably stream my play through since, so far for me, that seems to be easier to do than recording and uploading.
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

Looks and sounds great, Dorateen. I like the idea of the dozen map interconnected maze - looking forward to exploring it. The tileset your using for the maze is really nice, the shadows on the wall tiles make them crisp and clearly differentiated.

I think I'll make a new party for my next playthrough, my all-dwarf party was great but would miss out on some of your cool new features. I now have a hankering for a dual wielding finesse rogue (and to shake up the rest of the party a bit!).
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Pongo wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:45 am the shadows on the wall tiles make them crisp and clearly differentiated.
Thanks, Pongo! The shadows are from the height mapping system in the toolset. On these 2D images, they are a big help to separate wall tiles and floor tiles. But it only works on the adventure maps, not on combat maps.