IBbasic Feature Board

Discuss engine and toolset ideas, bugs, etc.
slowdive
Site Admin

IBbasic Feature Board

Post by slowdive »

CURRENT RELEASE (v1.0.08) (posted to NWVault: 6/10/2021, Google Play (Early Release Program): 6/10/2021, Apple App Store (Test Flight Program): 6/--/2021)
LAST EDIT: Sept 23, 2021

PLANNED FOR v1.0.09
GAME ENGINE
-[Done] add more/better AI types for creatures (smart spell casting, coordinated attacks, exploit parties weaknesses, differences for intelligent and less intelligent creatures, etc.)
-[Done] add summon ally and animal companion system
-[Done] add two more item slots (one more ring/accessories and one head/neck)
-[Done] get music working again

TOOLSET
-[Done] add more tokens and portraits to the default list for builders and players to use

SERVER STUFF

MODULES
-make sure The Elderin Stone and Lanterna - The Exile are fully tested and ready to go.
-make sure previous modules work with new systems added.

PLANNED FOR FUTURE VERSIONS
GAME ENGINE
-add d20 screen for DC checks in conversations and trigger scripts.
-add square modifiers that add to attack and damage (higher ground, magical square, etc.)
-add square modifiers that lower move distance (mud, snow, grease, swamp, etc)
-show symbol when conversation available for companion
-add a trip and knockdown/push trait (look for the one in IB as an example)
-PC stat/tracking system similar to IE? Keep track of number of kills, most difficult enemy, total damage dealt, total healing, etc.
-level up only available via script call so that, for example, you would have to train and pay for level ups from specific people.
-Party encumbrance system, all items have weight and if exceed total allowed based on strength total then lose movement in combat and maybe more time passes on main map per step.
-turn undead system. Possibly as a flag to creatures is they can be turned and a DC

TOOLSET
-add more tile options and possibly more filter buttons
-add save message when trying to leave area, enc, convo editors
-add a tinting system for tokens with multiple layers of the token that can have their HUE adjusted with a slider
-add tabs so that multiple convos, areas, and encounters can be open at the same time like in IB.

SERVER STUFF
-share party progress button and screen to see what others have posted

MODULES
-update BarQuest to new IBbasic
-update Hearkenwold to new IBbasic
-update Lanterna2 to new IBbasic

RELEASED v1.0.08 (6/10/2021)
GAME ENGINE
-[Done] add d20 roll screen for combat
-[Done] separate multiple attacks out to allow them to be made one at a time for different targets if wanted
-[Done] allow move - attack - move or attack - move or attack - move - attack, etc.

TOOLSET
-[Done] scripts from tiggers need autofill
-[Done] addjournalentry needs dropdown for parm2

SERVER STUFF
-[Done] display a large text message uploading to server .this make take a minute. when uploading/updating/downloading modules

MODULES
-[Done] update The Elderin Stone to new IBbasic
-[Done] update Lanterna1 to new IBbasic

RELEASED v1.0.07 (5/22/2021)
GAME ENGINE
-[Done] fix Android issue with not allowing create modules

TOOLSET
-[Done] create a more complete list of default creatures
-[Done] create a more complete list of default items
-[Done] add a pop up message for release notes for each module so that builders can tell players what has changed in each update
-[Done] add radio button for and/or for conditionals

SERVER STUFF
-[Done] make a module public or private. Private can only be downloaded by the person that made it. Useful for building on multiple devices and transferring your modules back and forth between them, when you are not ready to release it to the public just yet.

MODULES
-[Done] update FirstMod to new IBbasic (call it TutorialMod)
hotmustard

Re: IBbasic Feature Board

Post by hotmustard »

If non-user-facing features are to be included in this list, I recommend integration of a unit testing framework. I am using it for the AI development, and it pays dividends. Integrates nicely with VS.

What I am using as my simple test harness:
https://dotnetfiddle.net/u8tCJ3

I won't commit this so as not too muddy the task of AI development, but in general, the more testing you can automate, the more solid your platform becomes.
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

No urgency, but it would be nice to have a "once per rest" option for traits maybe? Eg I've done a "rage" trait for a barbarian class - I don't want it to be SP based because it's quite powerful and shouldn't be repeatedly available through glugging SP potions for example. I've solved this by adding a very, very long cool down, which is cool and certainly adds a big limitation to its use. But "one/two/three uses per rest" would be a nice option.
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

No urgency, but it would be nice to have a "once per rest" option for traits maybe? Eg I've done a "rage" trait for a barbarian class - I don't want it to be SP based because it's quite powerful and shouldn't be repeatedly available through glugging SP potions. I've solved this by adding a very, very long cool down, which works really well and adds a big limitation to its use. But "one/two/three uses per rest" would be a nice option.
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

Also, an effect that prevents casting (like silence) would be add a good tactical layer to combat.
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

I just downloaded IB Basic version 1.0.08. It looks great and I've enjoyed tinkering around with it, but it didn't seem to have an option to create 3d maps which I remember from the version I downloaded on my phone a few months back. Has that option been removed or am I missing something?
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Yeah, I “removed” the 3d feature in the new version of IBbasic just to keep everything more simple. The code is all still there, just commented out the parts that link to it. I wanted to make the new version more focused, polished, and more final looking so I revise the project scope. I think I have just about everything in that I wanted, just a bit more testing and polishing is needed. If there is enough interest in specifically building with IBbasic (other than just converting IB models) I may focus some more on toolset features.