IB (pc only, testbed) Development updates

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
youngneil1

Re: IB (pc only, testbed) Development updates

Post by youngneil1 »

Might still be too crowded. I think I will just go with 9 mini icons for effect indicators (ie no normal sized effect indicator at all). This will make reading squares that in the worst case have (1) a trigger icon, (2) a lingering effect icon, (3) a pc and (4) effects on that pc a bit easier...
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

youngneil1 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:59 am Distracted here big time by RL, but it looks like we found our new appartment (still waiting for the final version of the rent contract).
This is great news if it works out! Hoping that contract gets finalized and the move goes smoothly.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Thank you, Jer - we signed the contract :D ! We will move into our new home between June and July (well, let's see if Corona/Covid chaos will still allow us to do this).

IB Beta v188 released - no liabilites, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkndgstyh54v1 ... 8.zip?dl=0

- size and automatic position adjustment for effect icons on sprites in combat (up to 9 simultaneous effect icons for each sprite are supported)
- effect icons also appear on player portraits now
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Looks like I have some catching up to do on updating IBx :lol: Schools are shut down and I may be asked to start teleworking soon so I should have some time to catch up while practicing social distancing from our home :D Stay safe and healthy everyone!
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

youngneil1 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:12 pm Thank you, Jer - we signed the contract :D ! We will move into our new home between June and July (well, let's see if Corona/Covid chaos will still allow us to do this).

IB Beta v188 released - no liabilites, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkndgstyh54v1 ... 8.zip?dl=0

- size and automatic position adjustment for effect icons on sprites in combat (up to 9 simultaneous effect icons for each sprite are supported)
- effect icons also appear on player portraits now
Looking forward to trying out the new features -- and congratulations on your contract! What a relief. Fingers crossed the date still works.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Thank you, Zach :) . Getting the contract freed my mind up again for IB, so that's a good thing indeed :D.

I am into combat camera scrolling now. It was painful rethink myself into this, but now I have first (gltchy) prototype up and running. We will get this - only question is at this point how polished it will feel in the end.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Great progress with the smooth scrolling in combat (even diagonal with two keys like up and right held down the same time is working). You can also stop the scrolling at any pixel point (more or less), ie you are not forced to scroll in full square chunks. It feels really good to explore the battlefield this way and complements the scrolling experience from mainmap gameplay nicely.

I still need to fix the positioning of some instances of mouse over floaty text though. Also, I will likely finetune the scroll speed a bit more. Finally, there are some litle hiccups where a direction change needs a split second to register - it's no biggie and does not happen very often, still it irks me. I doubt though that I will be able to fix this last mentioned issue as I have been hammering at it for some time now without tangible improvements.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

I managed to fix the little pause on some direction changes, yeah! Panning the camera in combat feels extremly responsive now.

I still need to fix position of mouse over messages for props as well as detecting actors for actor info in top row correctly.
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Very excited by this new addition.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

The panning apron sounds great! Is this only done via arrow keys or can this be done via mouse click and drag? I use touch and drag in combat for IBx, but it is not on a pixel by pixel basis.