IB (pc only, testbed) Development updates

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
youngneil1

Re: IB (pc only, testbed) Development updates

Post by youngneil1 »

Thank you for keeping me in the loop, guys!

I have implemented module settings for always hiding various elements of creature info by now. Also, the optional trait check for unveiling creature details is in (different cretaures can require different fields of knowledge to unveil their secrets this way), too.

Time to get the time limited (like open chest prior to round X) on-battlefield rewards in...
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Downloading v184 as well. I updated IBx to use the same draw routines as IB now so smooth scrolling is working...at least it is on main maps, but there is still that weird combat issue that I need to track down in IBx. Once I have that fixed, I'll post the new build to GooglePlay+TestFlight and then start importing the code to bring IBx to v184.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Amazing news there, Jer, well done!

The combat screen in IB currently has smoothly moving creatures (animated in five frames if such frames exist), but no scrolling on player move and no smooth camera panning (in contrast to IBx). I yet have to (try to) implement these later features.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Quick question about something I am trying to implement for the first time. How do you add PC allies to an encounter?

I know there is ga_add temporary allies for this encounter script, which looks like it does exactly what I need.

edit: Ah, on the second time it did work, firing from the conversation prior to battle. Maybe I clicked on the wrong dialogue option the first time. Anyway, very fun to see an NPC join the battle.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Great to see you giving this script a testdrive. Adding allied NPC can give battles a special spin (like adding a really poweful ally that's decisive for the battle, as in Blackwinter's first battle) or generally for ambience (like a bunch of city guards fighting alongside the party).

I think I will add fournew properies to triggers (combat):
1. VanishInXRounds (affects enabled and hidden)
2 AppearInXRounds (affects enabled and hidden)
3. ChangeWalkableStateOnChangeOfEnabledState
4. PropToPlaceOnTopOfTrigger

These can be used for treasure chests (combined with container script, must see how that one works in battle though), but also for lots of gameplay variations (modify terrain and therewith tactical options mid batttle, block and open passages), either based on timers or trait usage. The connection to a prop should speed up building again and should elegantly tie in all the prop animation settings.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Still slowmo mode, but I got treasure chest triggers up and running in encounters now...
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

IB v185 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mx2hx1b6gfprr ... 5.zip?dl=0

- triggers can now have container events in battles, too
- added vanish and appear in x rounds to trigger properties (they influence enabled and hidden property)
- furthermore, you can tie a prop graphic to a trigger in properties now (including animated props); this one also works for triggers on main map
- finally, you can set a trigger now to change the walkable state of the square it is on when trigger enabled state is changed (eg open doors)
- a bit of polish for trigger info texts on mouse over
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

There's nasty crash bug introduced in v185 (related to the counters for vanishing/appearance of triggers, type int/string mismatch between toolset and engine) that I will fix rather sooner than later in v186.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Still polishing and debugging for upcoming v186. The new combat trigger properties can be combined in many ways (eg create locked, tiem limited chest by assigning a container event and also setting up an enable DC for the trigger and then even making the trigger disappear in 5 rounds). These combinations make debugging quite time consuming, but it will be worth it in the end, harf :mrgreen: ! Furthermore, the trigger info on mouse over must handle a lot of settings on limited space now, which is surprisingly difficult to set up so it feels intuitive for the player.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Despite RL still being a never ending reconnaissance mission for our new home (keep fingers crossed for upcoming Sunday where we are gona see a potentillay promising appartement) IB is still progressing along steadily. Most of the debugging for anish/appear trigger properties is done now. I must still polish a few mouse over entries when it comes to treausre chests though. And I also have to debug the triggers that change walkable state midcombat (and likely block them from working when creature or pc is standing right on top of them).

Then I have to do all the mosue over work for lingering effetcs on battlefield (eg from poison cloud spell)...