IB (pc only, testbed) Development updates

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
youngneil1

Re: IB (pc only, testbed) Development updates

Post by youngneil1 »

The battle effects missing might be related to the separate two toggles music and for sound effects in battle. Do you hear no sounds when effects are on (the speaker icon)? These toggles acted a bit odd for me, too, on first usage when entering a battle, eg the sound fx toggle turned music on, too. But afrer first time of switching they seem to work as intended (a bug nonetheless on first usage). Also, I hear no attack sounds for pc without weapon. We might change this...
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

I cast a sleep spell on a creature and right clicked on it during several pc turns. So far everything works as intended (right click does not end turn), but I simply might be lucky. Is the bug happening for you all the time in this constellation? Maybe you can send me a savegame for debugging the issue? Anyhow, many thanks again for all the great heads ups.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Found a new bug on item selection screen, when trying to equip something.... it needs a reset to page one, box one...
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

I tested again. It seems it is not skipping a turn, but when using the RMB on a creature that is within melee range, it registers the right click as an attack by the character, and then moves to the next turn. At first, it happened so quick, I thought the PC did not get his turn. Still, a right click to bring up the temporary status effects should not count as an attack, if that is what happened.

Not getting any combat sounds on this end, except for the odd one that fires, but very rarely. I toggled the music and sounfx buttons on and off in multiple battles.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Very good follow up on the RMB bug - I will disable right clicks for attacks, so this cannot accidentally happen anymore.

I will re-test the sound issue, with Hearkenwold this time (maybe some kind of crash with a missing or renamed sound file..). We will get there :) .
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

I fixed the RMB attack bug, but I can still not fully replicate the attack sounds bug. A new party in Hearkenwold using the starter weapons (short swords mostly) seems to properly play the sounds. I think I had an enemy archer (goblin) once not play the attack sound though, so this might a be a symptom of the same bug you face...
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Do you get any debug messages or messages sent to debug file stating that a sound didn't play or file couldn't be found?
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

I tried starting from a new game. With the debug mode on, I only received the "failed to play sound" message once. Meanwhile, no attacks or spells are triggering the sound at all. Outside of combat, I have music and button clicks, no problem. Very strange.

Just to double-check, I have all the files in the module's sounds folder, and the wave files play correctly.

edit: To further complicate things, I tried a new game in Crash on Volturnus. Here, the enemies did fire their attack sounds correctly.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Have you assigned sounds to each weapon?
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Yes, sounds have been assigned to the cr_attackSound for monsters, as well as the itemOnUseSound for weapons.

But I am starting to think it might be an issue with the saves I have been working from. Something might have gotten screwed up.