IB (pc only, testbed) Development updates

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: IB (pc only, testbed) Development updates

Post by slowdive »

Awesome! I updated my visual studio to the latest and also all the Xamarin nugets. I then pulled version 196 so I can continue with IBx (I’ll need to pull v197 now). I did play a little of Blackwinter on IBbasic, but had a party wipe trying to take on too many cultists even after being warned :lol:
zach_holbrook

Post by zach_holbrook »

Hey Karl! Great update. I've played a little of 197 and have encountered only one issue so far. During combat, projectile animations now fly through their targets instead of ending on them. I don't think I've seen this behavior before, and I've been playtesting combat pretty extensively. I wondered if it was related to the targeting bug, but whether or not I had the targeting issue during a certain combat projectiles behaved this way.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Hey fellow IBlers,

I know - too much time has passed since my last post here. My sincere apologies for that. I think I still feel a bit guilty for taking time off the project and trying out new stuff (with the Unreal Engine).

I wish all of you and your beloved ones a wonderful, happy and healthy Christmas time! 2020 is about to pass and I think we all look forward to the world taking a more positive spin in 2021.

I will continue to develop games in 2021 and maybe even double down on my efforts. This may result in picking up full speed with IB again or pursuing the Unreal project route further, hard to say at this point. Regardless, I commit myself to being more present here. If not for IB at the monent, then for you fine guys!

All the best and read you soon :),
Karl
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

No need to feel bad at all of course. IB will always be here and will progress as we have time and energy permit. We have no boss pressuring us :lol:

I also wish everyone a happy end to the year and look forward to a better year in 2021 (it couldn't be worse, right?). I have been playing through The Elderin Stone in IBbasic to refresh myself with the engine and any outstanding bugs. I'm thinking of how to make IBbasic more intuitive, user friendly, and with more varied and tactical combat, etc.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Here is to no boss pressure :) !

For year's end incoming I did a little video with a quick look into IB v197 (just the village from the tutorial adventure, so you likely know most of the content):

https://youtu.be/FehInPy78EI
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Very cool to see all the systems and effects in action.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

youngneil1 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:18 pm For year's end incoming I did a little video with a quick look into IB v197 (just the village from the tutorial adventure, so you likely know most of the content):

https://youtu.be/FehInPy78EI
Excellent video! Thank you for putting this together and showing off some of the features in IB and detailing what is to come in the next update. The lighting (including torches), animations, an living world features are really cool.