IceBlink Engine Streaming

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
Dorateen

Re: IceBlink Engine Streaming

Post by Dorateen »

Episode 9 is up with some good progress and new quest.

https://youtu.be/6yFG0PvCO-U
That was great. It is still fun watching how this party makes their way through the adventure. Thanks for playing!
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Dorateen wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:47 pm
Episode 9 is up with some good progress and new quest.

https://youtu.be/6yFG0PvCO-U
That was great. It is still fun watching how this party makes their way through the adventure. Thanks for playing!
I don't get to play that much lately, so it has been fun to just play and not just be coding, testing, and debugging all the time :lol:
Maybe someday I'll even get to finish working on my NWN2 Lanterna conversion to IB and the H&C conversion as well :D
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Posted episode 10 of Hearkenwold. Some exploration and more arrows :D Taking my sweet time before going to Kelton Manor, hopefully that is okay.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Take your time, feel free to enjoy the exploration! Some good battles in that episode, including the goblin swarm. Perfect to show off area of effect spells like your wizard's Ice Storm.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Dorateen wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:57 pm Take your time, feel free to enjoy the exploration! Some good battles in that episode, including the goblin swarm. Perfect to show off area of effect spells like your wizard's Ice Storm.
I loved the goblin swarm encounter, that was very satisfying for some reason and was a little scary/intimidating at first :o
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

I just watched the latest stream, episode 11, and enjoyed watching your party work their way through Khyn. I'm guessing the wizard in the battle had trouble to target characters because the table in the middle blocked line of sight. Although it's curious he didn't move into a better position.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Dorateen wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:25 pm I just watched the latest stream, episode 11, and enjoyed watching your party work their way through Khyn. I'm guessing the wizard in the battle had trouble to target characters because the table in the middle blocked line of sight. Although it's curious he didn't move into a better position.
I'll have to try that encounter again offline in Visual Studio and step through the General Caster process to see what is going on here. In theory, the code determines all the locations on the map where the caster can move to in that round and iterate through all those locations to see which location is the best to cast the selected spell from. This is the fun part about streaming the play through is I get to also debug v204 :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

New laptop is mostly setup now so I tested out the OBS settings to see if I imported them correctly. Seems like it was working so I can start the streaming and bug hunting again.

Episode 12 is up:
https://youtu.be/MWyGRB7aOQA
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Great to see the continuation of this stream. The party will start to run into some more dangerous enemies from this point, that was a fun battle against the hellhounds. Trumpkin's well-timed critical hits really helped.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I'm not sure were Kelton Manor is located (can't recall) so I'll need to do some exploring around in the next episode :lol:
Yes, those crits were well timed and most needed.

Poll Question: In my streams, do you like having the d20 screen up to see the needed roll and the outcome or do you prefer the faster paced combat by skipping the d20 screen (asking for a friend :lol: )?