IceBlink Engine Streaming

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: IceBlink Engine Streaming

Post by slowdive »

Yes! The weather effects and the wonderful music add so much ambiance and feel to the areas and the module. They really are great additions. Playing others modules that don’t have music, it really stands out. I think music in a RPG is so important and often undervalued and under appreciated. Hope you enjoy ep5, saving little lambs.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Nice work with episode 5. I thought the wolf fights were pretty fun. I like the way you waited for the monsters to group together, to maximize AOE coverage from the Ice Storm spell.

Regarding the crows and that lightning misfire, I remember this was an issue when line effect spells were first introduced, and Karl fixed it. I have not seen that kind of behavior in a while. I just tested the battle in build 203, and the crows targeted the party without any problem. Do you think it is related to the new caster AI?
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Dorateen wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:56 am Regarding the crows and that lightning misfire, I remember this was an issue when line effect spells were first introduced, and Karl fixed it. I have not seen that kind of behavior in a while. I just tested the battle in build 203, and the crows targeted the party without any problem. Do you think it is related to the new caster AI?
Yes, I'm sure it is the new Caster AI as it only looks at circle shape AoE spells. I'll fix it to use what Karl came up with when using line and cone AoE spells.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Interesting to have a closer look at the caster AI in episode 6. It worked out good that you had a couple of battles with spellcasters to observe their behavior. The repetitive casting of bless is something I look forward to being addressed when the new AI is working as intended.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I added a property "useAdvancedCasterAI" to the module so that builders can choose to use the new "advanced" GeneralCaster AI or use the old GeneralCaster AI. This way, as I'm fine tuning the new AI, the builder can keep the old AI in their module until the advanced version is acceptable to them. I'm going to take a step back from the movement part of the AI for a bit due to the "move before cast" and "smooth move system" conflicts. I'll try and fix the actual casting decisions first like multiple casting of bless, etc. Then I'll try and get the other v204 bux fixes on the list completed so I can send out the v204 update.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Very instructive stream. It's helpful to see the different calculations that are factored into each enemy move.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I recorded episode 8 with some more progress, a couple of level ups, and some nice new gear.

https://youtu.be/zdOIJWpTTRQ
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Nice episode. I was glad to see the trio of trolls can still be a bit of a challenge, but nothing your party can't handle!
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I think with the new Caster AI, some of the encounters with spell casters will be much harder. That encounter with the bugbear priestess is brutal now. Constantly being held and not having a chance to have a turn :lol:

I'm interested to see how the tavern encounter goes. Hopefully the wizards are frustrating :P
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Episode 9 is up with some good progress and new quest.

https://youtu.be/6yFG0PvCO-U