IceBlink Engine Streaming

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
Dorateen

Re: IceBlink Engine Streaming

Post by Dorateen »

Poll Question: In my streams, do you like having the d20 screen up to see the needed roll and the outcome or do you prefer the faster paced combat by skipping the d20 screen (asking for a friend :lol: )?
When I first saw the d20 screen, I thought it was neat. It definitely fits with creating a pen and paper and dice type approach. Solasta also shows graphic dice on every roll that is made in the game.

However, I do think it slows down the flow of combat. For purposes of demonstrating a module in a video, it might be good to show the option, and then play with it off. I will say that the d20 screen is very good for showing all the modifiers and making all the calculations transparent.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Okay, that is what I was thinking. I'll probably have a hotkey to toggle it on/off so I can quickly switch between modes depending on the attack being made or if I need to see the modifiers. I am looking at moving all the toggle buttons to a proper settings screen like I have in IBbasic now (see here viewtopic.php?p=1092#p1092 ). So clicking on the settings button will bring up a popup menu where you can toggle all the settings and then close the screen. Most of the time I only change the toggles once during game play so they don't really need to be taking up screen realestate all the time.

I posted episode 13 last night:
https://youtu.be/UMTdYnkVu-E
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

slowdive wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:07 pm I posted episode 13 last night:
https://youtu.be/UMTdYnkVu-E
Hey, slowdive, when I went to watch the video I can only see the introduction image. I can hear your commentary throughout as you are playing, but no video. It just stays on the static Hearkenwold castle picture.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I forgot to transition the scene to my screen. I also think that it messed up a previous video somehow when I deleted a version that was a test. I'll need to go back to the last good stream and start from there. I ended up in Asherim when I wasn't expecting to go there just yet.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I posted another episode but the audio wasn't working (even though it seemed to be working in my headset). I think adding the camera may have messed up my audio settings so I'll need to do some short streaming tests tonight. I'll leave this "silent film" episode up for a day and then change it to private once I have a replacement for it. I'll record another version from that last save but now I know where I am going (I found Kelton Manor path) so it might be a little different on take two.

https://youtu.be/Mys6kokX2hE
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

I enjoyed this episode a lot. The fight with the goblin mages was fun.

When Trumpkin was trying on the boots, I couldn't tell if you were checking the modifiers added up correctly. Dwarves get a +2 strength bonus. So his hammer is + 2, and +2 for being a dwarf. That was the +4 before even equipping the boots. Looks like the numbers are right.

The rock pile in front of the wraith in the last battle, I think blocked his line of sight on each turn preventing it from casting.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I was having issues with OBS and it took me a few days to find a solution that kind of works (but it is ugly). I have to output desktop audio to headphones plugged into the laptop headphone jack and use the mic on my USB headset+mic. So yeah, I have two headsets going at the sane time :lol:

Episode 15:
https://youtu.be/Zvv3ui7hP0I
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

That works, it sounded good!