Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Post by slowdive »

I adjusted the size of animal companions to be a bit larger (they are slightly scaled down versions of the large creature tokens). For testing, I had the ranger summon 4 random animal companions and she ended up with the following (panther, 2 wolves, bear):
IBbasic32.png
IBbasic32.png (181.54 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
So I think everything is working for the summoning system. Now I just need to create the actual ally files (Player files) for the animal companions, monster summons, and the animate dead. I also will need to create the spells and other traits for the summoning.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I was able to find a bit of time to work some more on the IBbasic summoning system. I created a "creature" class and a "creature" race and then I created specific "weapons" and "armor" for each summon. The armor/hide is where I have some of the unique data such as different move distances, resistances, reflex, will, fortitude, etc. The weapon can have special attacks like poison or knockdown. So far I have the bear animal companion completed (three versions with different stats). I'll next work on the other animal companions before moving on to the summon type spells.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Today I finished the wolf animal companions, all three versions. I still need to make an appropriate Trait icon images. I'll probably use the animal companions' head image from the tokens.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Back from Greece :) ! I got some catch up to do - great to see the progress rolling :) .
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Welcome back from Greece! I hope it went well! Not a whole lot to catch up on as I am still moving at our normal IB coding speed :lol:

I was able to finish up the animal companion system:

Animal Companions for Druids:
IBbasic33.png
IBbasic33.png (127.95 KiB) Viewed 3796 times
Animal Companions for Rangers:
IBbasic34.png
IBbasic34.png (132.14 KiB) Viewed 3796 times
Next up are the summoning spells for druids, wizards, and clerics.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Looks good, a nice selection of animal types for rangers/druids to play with.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Thanks Dorateen!

Today I created all the parts for the summon creatures (weapons, hides, Player files). I now need to create the Effects and Spells for animal summoning (1-3), monster summoning (1-3), and Animate Dead (plus the spell icons as well).
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I finished the summoning and animal companion systems for IBbasic. Everything is up and running now.
Here are the new spell selections for druids, wizards, and clerics with their new summon spells:
IBbasic35.png
IBbasic35.png (131.92 KiB) Viewed 3769 times
IBbasic36.png
IBbasic36.png (132.68 KiB) Viewed 3769 times
IBbasic38.png
IBbasic38.png (133.62 KiB) Viewed 3769 times
The module builder can select the maximum number of summons that can be in the party at any given time. The default is 4 and it includes summons and animal companions in the total allowed.
IBbasic37.png
IBbasic37.png (90.13 KiB) Viewed 3769 times

Next up is improving the creature spell casting AI. I'll have maybe three versions of caster AI to choose from (low, medium, high strategy).
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

Those new spells are looking pretty tasty - nice work. I love the icons. I haven't played with the summoning system yet but I'm going to check it out.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Thanks Pongo!

I finished copying over all the summoning system code from the IBbasic PC version over to the IBbasic xamarin version (UWP, Android, and iOS). I always program the PC version first because it is sooo much faster to build, change code while running, and debug than the xamarin version. Once I have everything working on the PC version, I copy over the code tot the xamarin version... it's a process :lol:

Now that the two are insync again, I will start with the creature caster AI. I'll make some notes here first before trying the code.
-check before casting spell that the effect is not already on the target and is not stackable (don't bless twice or put to sleep if already asleep).
-if a PC is immune to a spell such as sleep, let the caster try once, but allow them to learn that the PC is immune and then don't try again.
-decide if best to start with buff/debuff spells in the first round or two and then move to damage and heal spells.
-if the PCs are close together, use AoE spells. If they are spaced out, focus on higher damage single target spells.

What else? Thoughts?