Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Post by slowdive »

I posted IBbasic v1.0.08 to Google Play and NW Vault. Give it a try and let me know if you find any bugs. I'm still working on testing The Elderin Stone and Lanterna - The Exile.
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

Hey Slowdive - I downloaded it on my phone and had a go on the tutorial module. All worked fine! Haven't looked at the editor yet.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Pongo wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:14 am Hey Slowdive - I downloaded it on my phone and had a go on the tutorial module. All worked fine! Haven't looked at the editor yet.
Thanks Pongo for testing it out!
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

The d20 looks ace :D ! It is the perfect fit for the ambience of a pen and paper campaign. Loving it!

Allowing - even split - attacks without ending turn adds more tactical options which is always welcome. Like the rolling screen it slows combat down a bit (in case of multiple attacks), but I think IB combat is quite swift and streamlined so it should strike a good balance.

Again, very impressive how quickly you progress from concept to implementation :) !
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

slowdive, I started porting over some of the spells and graphics from the Proving Grounds module. I have Bull Strength working, for example, but it shows a BLANK image on top of the character when it is applied. What fx graphic am I missing?

edit: Got it, in the Effect for Bulls Strength, the sprite filename had to be changed to fx_regen

Also, it appears the +4 strength bonus might not stack with magic items. Both fighters I tried it on, looks like they only received an increase of 2. I will have to test the spell on a character with 0 modifiers, and see if they get the full +4
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Started working on increasing the number of PC tokens to choose from. Here is what will be available in IBbasic in v1.0.9:
IBbasic24.png
IBbasic24.png (362.27 KiB) Viewed 3878 times
IBbasic25.png
IBbasic25.png (328.46 KiB) Viewed 3878 times
IBbasic26.png
IBbasic26.png (311.96 KiB) Viewed 3878 times
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

The past few days I have been going through databases of portraits. I now have selected 330 portraits for use in IBbasic for your PCs. So now we have a good selection of tokens and portraits. The portraits are a higher resolution than what I was using before (110x170 vs 55x85). The pixel sizes don't really match up with all of the other artwork in IBbasic, but I think it is okay and looks fine to me to have all the portraits one level of pixel density and everything else a different density.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I've been making some progress on the following IB bugs:
+[for v203] issue with the inventory showing only the first 20 items. You can use the filter to show more.
+[for v203] swift action, free action resets movement sometimes
+[Done v203] verify that all scripts are still there and working (from v195 to v200, something changed)
+[for v203] fix line-of-sight bug (probably deep in lighting engine)

I still haven't been able to figure out the inventory issue (haven't been able to replicate issue yet). I think I may have found the issue with the swift/free action bug, but it will need some testing to make sure that moving the "move counter" reset in the endPcTurn() method didn't create a new issue. I found all the old scripts from Karl's v197 folder and will copy them into the v203 script folder. Next up is the very trick one of LoS bug.
Pongo

Post by Pongo »

Nice work! Having a load of new tokens and portraits will be great. And good luck with the LoS bug - I'm looking forward to that one getting fixed, sounds like it will be tricky though. "Deep in the lighting engine" sounds ominous. :)
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Yesterday I added back in the head and ring2 slots to IBbasic so now there are six total item slots to equip. Today I started working on getting the area and combat music working for IBbasic. I am using the SimpleAudioPlayer API and if it works out well and is reliable, I will use it for IB as well.