Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
youngneil1

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Post by youngneil1 »

Hey there cutie :D ! Works nicely :)

My iPad runs on iOs 10.3.3 (ie Stoneage :lol: ).
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Today I worked on fixing some of the main map and combat UI layout issues for different sized screens and aspect ratios. I also increased the font size as much as possible without creating other issues. Next up, I will try and finish implementing the script file loading part of IBx.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Today I finished implementing sound in IBx. It is great to hear all the wonderful music in Hearkenwold on my iPad and iPhone X. Plus I get those fun attack sounds too :D

I also worked on fixing the script loading issues and I think I have that fixed now. It will need further testing by those who use scripts in their modules.

I should have a v1.183.009 ready for this weekend for testing. I'll post it to TestFlight (Apple iOS) and Google Play (Android).
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Great progress there. I cannot give enough credit to Islet Sounds for the music tracks he provided to me for use in Hearkenwold.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

So this weekend didn’t go as planned as I have been out sick. I started trying to address some graphic engine issues I introduced in IBx that are different from the way IB does them for the smooth move feature. I’m trying to fix IBx to work the way IB does and this may take a bit time to implement.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Get well soon, Jer. The scrolling as well as the party tail code are especially messy, I fear, so this is likely quite cumbersome to port over to IBx. This stuff gets extra tricky in a streaming, seamlessly connected scneario (neighbouring areas set up) and even more so in darkness/night when the lighting system has to kick in.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

youngneil1 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:51 am Get well soon, Jer. The scrolling as well as the party tail code are especially messy, I fear, so this is likely quite cumbersome to port over to IBx. This stuff gets extra tricky in a streaming, seamlessly connected scneario (neighbouring areas set up) and even more so in darkness/night when the lighting system has to kick in.
I wasn't changing any of the code in the screenMainMap or the screenCombat classes. I only needed to make my DrawBitmap overloads (all contained it the GameView class) match up to the ones in IB. So all the party tail and scrolling code was actually just imported to IBx "as is". It was the IBx draw routines that were messing things up. Really IBx is almost identical to IB code except for some things in the GameView class and everywhere that a specific item for SharpDx is used like Color and Size. If we used a generic method for getting the size of a bitmap and assigning Colors, that would make all the classes identical except for GameView.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

That seems very straightforward indeed - still utterly amazing to me how the almost very same code base does its josb on different operating systems and device types, from windows desktop pc to iPhones.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Side note: I was having troubles logging in to the forums before I realized I was using an old password. It got me thinking that (just in case) I should give someone else admin rights so that we never get locked out of the forums if my account gets messed up in some way. So I changed Karl to "red" :lol:

I fixed the issue with combat smooth move by just completely copying all the IB code over the top of the IBx code in screenCombat (except for the file handling and draw methods). That did the trick. So now IBx is up to v183. I'll add all the v184 code this week and should have builds ready for iOS and Android this weekend.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Oh, i am red now, feels like me v2.0 :lol: 8-) .

Great to hear you could resolve the issue with the combat screen. I am still a bit more stressed by RL here than usual, the real estate market in big cities in Germany has simply stopped functioning imho. I already see myself knocking every door in our city quarter, bible left hand, picture of our cat Azrael in the cold rain right hand and begging for a place to live :roll: ;) . Ah, it's not that bad but it's awfully time consuming.