Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Post by slowdive »

Episode 5 (posted last night) has the near ally ac bonus turned on. I’ll turn it off in future episodes, I just wanted to show how it works in the one episode. There are pros and cons to spreading your party out with this system. And the enemies in swarms are more difficult to hit so AoE spells come in more handy.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I started looking into adding the 3d view system to IB and it may be a bit challenging to modify the Area Editor. It looks like Karl made some changes to the area editor for maybe a Way Point system, but now the designer doesn't show up in Visual Studio for editing. I tried various ways to fix this, but I can't figure it out. I guess I could make a separate Area Editor for 3d areas? Thoughts? If not, I'll just stop working on the idea of 3d areas and start focusing on bug fixing from the todo list.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

I wouldn't go through the trouble. It would have been interesting to experiment with, and even I only intended to start with indoor/dungeon areas for a 3d view. Better to focus on changes that will benefit all builders/players.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I fixed the damageAdder issue. I explained a bit in today's stream. Today's stream (ep7) was just showing some of the fixes and some of the still existing issues with the new advanced general caster AI. Most of the issues are with the move before casting system which is a real cool system when it works correctly :lol: Well, more bug hunting to do in the next day or two before getting back to a proper Let's Play stream of Hearkenwold.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I finished everything on the list for v204. I'll stream a few more play tests with Hearkenwold before posting v204.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Making some final tweaks to IBbasic v1.0.15 before release. I made some changes to the way triggers are placed and edited to make it more intuitive and avoid mistakes. I have also been play testing The Elderin Stone as part of my search for bugs.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I posted IBbasic v1.0.15 to The NWVault and to Google Play.

I'm having issues with iOS since they moved to iOS 15 and my old Mac Mini having issues updating Xcode to version 13. I may have to stop worrying about posting an iOS version for now. Most downloads come from Android and PC anyway and it'll save me $100 a year in Apple Dev fee :lol: (although money never really is an issue, but dealing with Apple is just too frustrating :evil: )
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I made a basic trailer for IBbasic. I blew through my entire budget of $0 on it :lol: Don't expect too much, but here it is...

https://youtu.be/UEPS-h8LsUA

I am planning on an Official Release date of November 19th, 2021. Hopefully some "streaming parties" and mini module competition to come in December.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Nice, trailer gives a great overview of the IBBasic capabilities. And I always loved that music from the Raventhal.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

A couple of images for marketing and promoting the release date:
IMG_2050.PNG
IMG_2050.PNG (1.85 MiB) Viewed 4484 times
IMG_2051.PNG
IMG_2051.PNG (1.09 MiB) Viewed 4484 times
IMG_2052.PNG
IMG_2052.PNG (589.2 KiB) Viewed 4484 times
IMG_2054.PNG