Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Post by slowdive »

Yuck, that’s horrible! I saw an article the other day that popped up in my Google news about the housing market in Germany and how crazy it has become in the past few years. The article was mostly focused on Berlin, but I am assuming it is being felt everywhere. Berlin was proposing to cap rent at no more than $1 per square foot. If you need to take an extended vacation to the States until it cools down, let me know 😄... keeping fingers crossed from over here that you guys find something, anything, soon.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I finished updating IBx to v184. I still have some UI issues to work out and other old bugs noted by Zach and Karl that I am working on. I should have iOS/Android builds ready this weekend for testing.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Thank you, Jer, with such support I am 100% sure that all turns out fine in the end :) .
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I posted IBx v184 to Google Play and Apple TestFlight. It may take a few hours to show up though.

Google Play (Android):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ne.ibb.ibx

Apple TestFlight (iOS):
you should get an invitation email or try from TestFlight app... look for version 5 or v1.184.3
(if you are not part of the TestFlight group and would like to be, send me a PM.)

This build does not have all the bugs reported from v183 fixed yet, I'm still hunting those down.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Great news there - I will give the Android version a test drive tomorrow :) !
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

First impression is that the fps have improved again by quite a bit (from average 15 to average 20 on my note9), well done :) The movement on the main map feels much more fluent now, proper scroling now working. It might be great to add a "keep walking forward on arrow button held down" functionality. I move this way on pc, too (holding arrow/wasd key down) and it feels very convenient, especially as on pc you can additionally hold shift key down for a very fast movment which makes it a joy to cover greater distances.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

RL has been too busy at the moment with work audit going on the past weeks and preparing for it. I hope that well change this weekend since the audit ends this week. Maybe I can catch up to v187 and post to Google Play and Test Flight. We shall see :P
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Started playing more Hearkenwold since I have the weekend at home (teleworking during the week). My 6 year old boy took over at one point. He doesn’t read very well yet so I’m reading the conversations to him. He really likes the combat part. We came across a group of goblin wizards and my boy started letting them have it with all our web spells! He really loved that and I didn’t have the heart to tell him that they weren’t planning on moving anyway😂 He mopped them up with the thief since the fighter was held. Made some good progress this weekend in Hearkenwold. Most everyone is level 5 now. Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

slowdive wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:35 pm Started playing more Hearkenwold since I have the weekend at home (teleworking during the week). My 6 year old boy took over at one point. He doesn’t read very well yet so I’m reading the conversations to him. He really likes the combat part. We came across a group of goblin wizards and my boy started letting them have it with all our web spells!
Sounds like good progress there, slowdive. Web spell is useful later on when there are more melee enemies you want to hold in place. So I guess it is good to practice on goblin wizards!
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Dorateen wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:53 pm
slowdive wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:35 pm Started playing more Hearkenwold since I have the weekend at home (teleworking during the week). My 6 year old boy took over at one point. He doesn’t read very well yet so I’m reading the conversations to him. He really likes the combat part. We came across a group of goblin wizards and my boy started letting them have it with all our web spells!
Sounds like good progress there, slowdive. Web spell is useful later on when there are more melee enemies you want to hold in place. So I guess it is good to practice on goblin wizards!
He is getting LOTS of practice with web 😂. We just picked up fireball so I see a new favorite spell of his in the near future 😁