Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
slowdive
Site Admin

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Post by slowdive »

I started adding the d20 screen option to IB. I also added the system that splits up multiple attacks so you make the attacks separately and can even be on separate targets. If you still have move points, you can even move after the first attack before the second attack.

The background and gold frames can be overriden of course from your module's "ui" folder for "ui_bg_fullscreen" and "ui_minimap_frame" and the d20 die are also in the "ui" folder.

W.I.P.
IB29.PNG
IB29.PNG (380.43 KiB) Viewed 4070 times
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

I enjoyed the dice rolling simulation in Solasta as well. Look forward to seeing it implemented for IceBlink.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I'm thinking of turning back on the 3d view option in IBbasic and I will need to add some additional functionality to the built-in art editor. So I have a few poll questions.

POLL QUESTIONS:
-Did you like the 3d view in the old IBbasic and would you like to see it turned back on (the code is still in there, just commented out)?
-Did you like the use of that 3d view system in The Raventhal and The Birthday or should they stay close to their original design from when they were first released (only 2d maps)?
-Would you be interested in me adding the 3d view to IB as an option for builders to use? It would probably use up the entire screen with the floating UI on top of the 3d view with maybe an option for a frame around the entire screen for the "viewport" look?
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Hi slowdive,

I would very much be interested in seeing the 3D mode in IceBlink, especially as a viewport display. I do not have experience with the IBbasic version of those modules, but from the screenshots it looked pretty cool.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Here is a mock up idea, what do you think? I would maybe have more stone background parts with the normal IB UI on top instead just the black background areas. The "frame" image would be a single image that each builder could switch out to whatever they want to use and the normal IB UI would go on top of that. The mini-map and move arrows buttons UI would appear/disappear with toggle buttons. Thoughts and suggestions?
IB33.PNG
IB33.PNG (536.11 KiB) Viewed 4039 times
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Very nice. Even though the mini map can be toggled on and off, is it possible to make it a little smaller? I feel as a separate UI element, it should not overlap the main adventuring window so much, although I know screen real estate is limited.

Otherwise, looks great!
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

How about this version? I scaled down the mini-map and made the move arrows the size of the other buttons which they would have been anyway.
IB3Dmockup02.png
IB3Dmockup02.png (667.31 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Perfect!
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Okay, here is with a full background (just a mock-up and not perfectly done) which builders can use their own of course:
IB3Dmockup03.png
IB3Dmockup03.png (911.88 KiB) Viewed 4024 times
Also, the way the backdrop image in the 3d view works is you can have a single backdrop (88x88 image) or have directional and time of day (352x352 image) like below:
bd_cobble01_16.png
bd_cobble01_16.png (19.47 KiB) Viewed 4024 times
And each square has an assigned backdrop so you could transition from indoors to outdoors on the same map by using different backdrops and the engine draws horizontal slices for the appropriate backdrop in the distance. It worked well in old IBbasic.

I'll probably change IB to use 440x440 or 880x880 backdrop images so builders can create more detailed images if they want or use the old GB size of 88x88 scaled by 5 or 10. Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, I will start live streaming my HEARKENWOLD Let's Play with IB v204 later today. Version 204 has the caster AI update and the d20 screen with multiple attacks and moves split up (last attack or spell will end turn even if more moves are left). I'll be searching for bugs and taking notes so the live play might be slow :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I started my Let's Play of Hearkenwold with IB v204:

https://youtu.be/tN8iymQ76Q8

feature.jpg
feature.jpg (137.71 KiB) Viewed 4011 times