BG3

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.
slowdive
Site Admin

BG3

Post by slowdive »

Any thoughts on BG3? Is it worth trying the early access or wait? I see that it is on GOG now.
zach_holbrook

Re: BG3

Post by zach_holbrook »

Downloading at this very moment. The return to school has destroyed my game-making productivity, so I might as well see what it's like while I work on developing some kind of new rhythm.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

Awesome, please dive in and report back on your findings :D . I like that they went with turn based and it will be interesting to hear from you on how that flows with the rest of the game play.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

I did not try BG3 so far, going turn based is definetly a plus. The emphasis on heights and pushing stuff over ledges seems a bit too strong from the videos I have seen. But the new dialogue camera and the facial animations as well as voice over look like really high production quality. So does the mind flayer ship and dragons intro scene, epic :) .

My productivity cycle is messed up big time still. I am dipping toes left and right while trying to get a new grip on it. Currently I am looking into Unreal Engine with RTX implementation (managed to snatch up a 3080rtx finally) for a stark contrast of our lovely old school 2d project and cuttting edge new stuff (which I dont understand at all though :lol:).
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

I haven't decided on BG3 just yet. I'll probably wait until it is finalized as I have a large back log already. Our family has been playing Grounded in co-op and that has been fun. Congrats on the 3080 RTX. Unreal seems intimidating to me. My daughter has been wanting to learn Unity so that should be fun if she actually tries it.