Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:16 pm

Happy new year, Phil :) . Sounds like busy times indeed, all the best for the new job! I am commuting 2 hours each day and most work I do happens in that time. Due to the regular rhythm of the commuting I get a very structured work schedule for IB. It sounds unintuitive, but I think that the forced commute situation focuses me better than 2 free hours would (or so I like to think). IBbasic is wonderful - ideally I would like to build in the same campaign universe for IB and IBBasic one fine day. Wish more time was at hand.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:09 pm

Good to hear,! Yeah I though the commute would be a nightmare, but with my headphones on I'm finding it quite relaxing to sit down and noodle around on my phone. I might actually get something done for once!
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:46 am

Happy Birthday, Jer :D ! I am wishing you all the best of the world for your new year, may you be showered in yammy food, addictive games, fanciest drinks and love of all over the place!
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Mon May 13, 2019 12:46 am

So our house is supposed to close at the end of the month. We found an apartment to move to for a few months while we figure out our next move. most everything will go to storage during that time, but I'll keep my laptop out for the apartment. Stressful, scary, and adventurous times ahead.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:03 pm

It is good to hear that the sale was successful :) . Moving into a new phase in life is not easy for sure. I remember my parents selling the house of my childhood and it was a huge step for them. They were also in a small apartment while looking for a new home. It were chaotic times in that tiny, cramped place , but also full of fun amidst the uncertainty. It all comes with a certain freshness and new drive, ideally. They found a new smaller, but beautiful home they are very happy in now. Wishing you the best here :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:11 am

The house finally closed (only one day late too)! We are in a temporary apartment for now while we try to find out next home. No internet here just yet as we haven't signed up yet... Just using my cellular data for now.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:53 pm

Happy to hear about the successful sale :) . Best of of luck for finding the new home now!
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Previous

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions