Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby slowdive » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:02 am

Took about 5 hours to start showing up so not bad at all for Apple.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-rav ... 96255?mt=8

Unfortunately, Apple only allows you to use your name as the developer if you signed up for a single person developer account instead of a business account (which is more expensive I believe). Oh well. $100 dollars a year to Apple so that we can post free apps :lol: I'll probably post Lanterna as a paid app and maybe it'll cover the annual fee... Hopefully.

EDIT: Also, I started creating the stand alone app for The Elderin Stone. I have the Android version up and running already. Next up is the iOS version.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Awesome! Will give it a spin & review :) .

I would gladly take part in funding the Apple fee - I would benefit from using the app as future author, so it would only be fair to cover the costs.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:30 pm

Thanks for the offer Karl, but I got it covered. Plus I would rather keep the task whip and leverage going strong to keep IB development going and builders building. That is my reward, playing IB community modules... Which I should have some time coming up in the next few weeks to play through the more recent works from Dorateen and Zach.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:35 am

I finished creating stand alone versions of The Elderin Stone for Android and iOS. I still need to do some conversion to IBbasic fixing for TES before it is ready for beta testing. I am thinking of using this token (top frame) for the app icon unless there is another suggested:
tkn_bc_vet.png
tkn_bc_vet.png (1.11 KiB) Viewed 441 times
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Screen shot from my iPhone of The Elderin Stone
B981E3DE-5C04-4EF6-BB45-030561DC11FC.jpeg
B981E3DE-5C04-4EF6-BB45-030561DC11FC.jpeg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 434 times
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:30 am

Today I worked on The Elderin Stone a bit, but mostly made changes to the toolset to better accommodate the new font size. I also am looking into adjusting the area editor to allow for more zoom levels and use a panning system similar to the art editor.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:40 am

Very productive times - awesome to see how swiftly you cover ground:) . My wife and I had fun with The Raventhal and rated it accordingly (iOS) :D .

One thing we did note that it was very small on her small iPhone screen (smallest screen model I think) - part of this was due to a really larg gap between outer icons and screen border. It looked as it could all be zoomed larger, using more screen space. Maybe there is a little resolution scaling bug? Or it is just a borderline case where the larger zoomed scaling level would lead to cut offs... will try so send a picture later.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:18 pm

youngneil1 wrote:Very productive times - awesome to see how swiftly you cover ground:) . My wife and I had fun with The Raventhal and rated it accordingly (iOS) :D .

One thing we did note that it was very small on her small iPhone screen (smallest screen model I think) - part of this was due to a really larg gap between outer icons and screen border. It looked as it could all be zoomed larger, using more screen space. Maybe there is a little resolution scaling bug? Or it is just a borderline case where the larger zoomed scaling level would lead to cut offs... will try so send a picture later.

I choose to use an integer scaler for scaling up the base UI layout to other screen resolutions. The base UI layout is 384x240 (16x10 squares of 24x24). So if a screen resolution is 480, 720, 1080, etc. (or just above those values) it works out great and the font looks exactly as it should. For screen sizes in between, the font would not look correct so I opted to end up with extra space on the top and bottom. Maybe that wasn't a good idea and I am looking at allowing scaling factors of 2x, 2.5x, 3x, 3.5x, 4x, 4.5x, etc. I tested this just now and when using the new font (not the PoR font) the scaling looks passable. This will only be an issue on iPhone 5s and iPhone SE (1136x640) as with the iPhone 6 and above the screen resolutions work out well with the integer scaler values. iPads also are fine with the integer scaler values. Adding the additonal 0.5 options should help with all the Android screen resolutions out there (there are a ton of them) as well.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:24 am

Sounds like a good move to add the 0.5 step, eager see how it looks then :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:47 pm

Worked a bit on having a scaling system in IBbasic that allows the user to toggle back and forth between normal scaling (which may result in empty border space on top/bottom, but less weird scaling issues of text and such) and maximum scaling (which fills the entire screen top to bottom or left to right depending on aspect ration, but may result in some graphical anomalies). There is a toggle switch on the on the main map screen to switch back and forth.

IceBlink 2 9_9_2018 2_44_07 PM.png
IceBlink 2 9_9_2018 2_44_07 PM.png (123.79 KiB) Viewed 367 times

I also added a new panning feature for the area editor which allows you to pan the map and be zoomed in. This works great for small devices and even large devices too :P

IceBlink 2 9_9_2018 2_46_09 PM.png
IceBlink 2 9_9_2018 2_46_09 PM.png (301.34 KiB) Viewed 367 times
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions