Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby Pongo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:24 am

Awesome, just downloaded onto my phone. Thank you for all the work on this!

Edit: I had a quick go on the creator on my phone. Bloody hell Slowdive, it's fantastic - it looked really fun and easy to use. Its something I can play around with on my commute, which is great!

I tried to launch the Raventhal but just got a black screen. I think the file has copied across properly but possibly not - I'll check it later when I have a bit more time.

Thanks again for this, it's going to be a whole heap of fun.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:40 pm

Thanks for giving it a quick test Pongo. The toolset is still a little cumbersome for small screens, but I tried my best :P

When you got the black screen was it after clicking on "Play" from the splash screen or was it cocking on the raventhal module from the module selection screen? Can you open The Raventhal in the toolset?

When you installed the app did it all for permissions to read and write to storage? It needs that ability in order to save modules. I guess if you saw the IBbasic/modules folder then obviously the app gained the permissions.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pongo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:26 pm

It was just going black after clicking 'play". I've now sorted it - the file hadn't been copied to the correct folder (I find navigating these things on Android difficult). Its now up and running fine!
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:58 pm

Great to hear. Let me know what your initial thoughts are of the 3d view areas in The Raventhal and any changes you would prefer.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pongo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:46 pm

The tunnels north of the starting area that you've converted to 3d are fantastic - really atmospheric! I love it.

Edit: just created a little 3d 10x10 forest and 10x10 cave to explore. Took me about 15 minutes using the preset tiles with walkables set etc. This is great. The way you can drag your finger along the grid to place multiple tiles is really intuitive.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:41 pm

They just need me to add some glowing slugs on the walls :D
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pongo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:45 pm

Heh yeah! I'm looking forward to adding in some more 3d tilesets :) They're great.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:35 am

Fixed a number of bugs (mostly dropdown lists not showing everything they should) in IBbasic. Next up I will add a toolset area editor feature to zoom (1X and 2X) and pan to quadrants (NE, NW, SE, SW) so that on 20x20 maps it will be a bit easier to work with them. It'll also help with TES maps that are sometimes larger than 40x40.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pongo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:21 pm

On the Android version of the toolkit, should the PLYR button give you options for the player character? When I click it I just get a message saying "module backup was saved".

How do you add props like chests and creatures in the 3d view? I thought they might be overlays but I had a look at how you've set up the Raventhal and see they're different. I can't quite work out how though. ;) Thanks
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:25 pm

Pongo wrote:On the Android version of the toolkit, should the PLYR button give you options for the player character? When I click it I just get a message saying "module backup was saved".

How do you add props like chests and creatures in the 3d view? I thought they might be overlays but I had a look at how you've set up the Raventhal and see they're different. I can't quite work out how though. ;) Thanks

The PLYR button will be for creating and editing companions and default starting PCs, but at this stage I was using it to do the module back-up routine. I need to add a "create module back-up" button on that menu and then just have no function for the "PLYR" button until I finish that editor (it is the last editor I need to create).

to add "prop" images on a square in either 2d or 3d views in IBbasic, you need to have a trigger on that square and then in the triggers main info panel, select an "image filename" for the trigger. There are no "Props" in IBbasic like there are in IB.

EDIT: I'm almost finished with the zoom and pan feature for area editor.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions