Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby slowdive » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:52 am

I turned off allowing new registration for now. I'll be adding the requirement for all first posts to be approved by a moderator once I get a chance... Life is crazy busy here, but this will eventually pass and I'll be back to normal here :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:56 am

Well done, much appreciated :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:49 am

I was on a little holiday over the long weekend, so not much progress made. What I did (albeit that must sound boring) was diving into performance optimizations again (improving algorithm for removing surplus bitmaps from tile and prop graphics cache, also clearing that cache on transitions between non-neighbouring maps). Furthermore, I also fixed a little bug concerning how the map borders are drawn in certain constellations.

My next mini-task is implementing Esc-key shortcut from overview maps (instead of asking if the palyer wants to quit the game, an escape key press on an overview maps will lead back to main map screen again).

Baby steps, but steps they are :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:29 pm

IB Beta v166 released - no liabilies, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pl9pzl12kzr9z ... 6.zip?dl=0

- perfomrnace optimizations
- bug fixes concerning drawing of adventure maps as well as overview maps
- UI blended out on overview maps; ESC key allows leaving an overview map again
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:13 am

Sounds like some good progress even on a holiday! Will download tomorrow... Hopefully :D
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:20 am

Awesome! No need to hurry though, give it a test drive whenever it fits :).

To experience the 5x5 seamlessly connected outdoor area in the Tutorial Adventure, you might want to set you starting location to Outdoor01 in the toolset (lots of patroillng movers in the SW corner of that map, also quite a few interactive props, like chasms to jump, crates to push and little riddle, lever to pull, walls to climb or rocks to mine a tunnel into on that map). Remember that switching party leader will influence the trait values required to perform such interactions. Also, some of them are affected by light conditions (so find and light a torch if DC are too high during night time). T lits the torch. Shift held down down + wasd/arrows lets the party sprint, feels great. Generally, scrolling around with key held down is a new experience. When you select the token with crossbow (blue guy) for character in your party, you can see the party animations in action (walking, breathing, idle muscle flexing occasionally). Finally, on the Outdoor01 you will find a new button appearing in the bottom row: overview map. This lets you scroll around an overview map of the 5x5 areas. The current layout of the areas does not reflect the overview map right now, but I will transform them to remsemble the overview map eventually (village, lake, mountains, road network, etc.).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:35 pm

Still in slow mode here. I did several easier clean up tasks, like making toggles for grid and music/sound effects work better. Fixed a potential crash bug here, optimized performance by a tiny bit there, corrected a typo in connection with the toggle for ignoring non-mandatory convos. Little stitches, but add up they do :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:04 pm

Slow mode is a great mode! Progress is progress :D
Meanwhile, I'm still in transition mode so not much progress going on here :( but I'll get there eventually.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:29 am

IB Beta v167 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6335euhtppm8 ... 7.zip?dl=0

- gave toggles a polish pass (music/sound fx start in correct state now and work without a first round of enabling/reenabling, also affecting weather sounds correctly now; grid is shwon across connected maps, too, now; some typos in the log box texts for toggles)
- fixed potential crash bug with an unsued timer storing its value all the time (overflow at some point)
- fixed movement/scrolling behaviour that was odd under certain conditions when coming from an encounter/convo (due to key presses in the eoncounter/convo that are also relevant for mainmap movement/scrolling)
- performance optimizations (boring :lol: )
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:04 am

youngneil1 wrote:- performance optimizations (boring :lol: )

Maybe boring, but much appreciated by us users :D
That is a nice list of fixes, polish, and updates for slow mode :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions