Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:09 am

IB Beta v143 released -no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r82fbda6rre59 ... 3.zip?dl=0

- manual attribute point distribution system added (see new 3a category under module properties) (note: I still have to write proper content for the six message txt files in the default data folder that explain attributes)
- footstep sound added
- prop animation improved big time
- esc/return hotkey short cuts for (almost) all screens
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:46 pm

- I have completed the six attribute descriptions that appear when clicking the new attribute buttons
- Also, I removed the reroll stats button in pure manual distribution mode (will be back in hybrid and roll only mode later)
- fixed a little bug that that caused the mouse over click counds of attribute buttons to still play though those buttons were not drawn
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:04 pm

Looking forward to testing out the new attribute allocation system once I can get my laptop out of house staying mode... Which may happen soon as we are getting burnt out on staging mode and having random people browsing through our stuff :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:26 am

Hehe, sounds slightly unnerving indeed to have strangers treat your house like some kind of exhibition. Place strategic traps at private sections :twisted: !

IB Beta v144 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0tf6wgpexo6xs ... 4.zip?dl=0

- added optional hybrid system for attribute point allocation combined with rolling: you can roll normally here and then exchange points between the rolled attribute values. Min, Max and 2/3/4 point thresholds still work here. You can activate it under module properties, section 3a. Either use manual point allocation or hybrid mode, not both (or turn both off and just randomly roll as beforehand). When using hybrid mode, you can set which dice are rolled as before in the rules editor.
- some more polish for the pc creation screen
-added descriptions for the six attributes that appear when clicking the respective attribute's button in hybrid or manual mode; yuo can edit these texts by changing the messageStrengthExplanation, etc. text files in the default module's data folder
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:40 am

The all seeing eye of mine is shifting attention to creating further building blocks for the tutorial adventure: jumpable chasms, climbable obstacles, crushable walls and pushable objects are next up. This will be a larger project for sure, but I think it's time to make those Athlete and Strongman traits work properly. When all of this is done, I can show off the full parcour of interactive objects in the tutorial adventure.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:50 pm

youngneil1 wrote:- added optional hybrid system for attribute point allocation combined with rolling: you can roll normally here and then exchange points between the rolled attribute values.

Nice feature. I always liked swapping stats around after rolling, to get that build you want to match a character concept. I will plan to implement this method going forward.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:22 pm

Awesome to hear :) . Keep me in the loop how it works out, please, so I can hot fix stuff on time if need be.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:39 am

The hybrid system sounds great. Best of both worlds. I guess it works similar to infinity engine games?
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:59 pm

Attributes are randomly rolled as before (including the reroll stats button being always available, which besides rerolling sets the allocation points pool back to zero in this case). Plus/minus buttons allow to change each attribute value by +/-1 per click. This costs/generates allocation points which are shown in a pool (green text above the buttons for changing the attributes). Also, there are configurable min and max values. Furthermore, the allocation point cost/generation can be tied to the height of the attribute score (with eg going from 17 to 18 costing 4 points and going from 18 to 17 generating 4 points). It is hopefully intuitive. I do not remember exactly how the inifnity engine games did this, but I think it was at least somewhere along these lines.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:01 am

I have started with the code for jumpable chasms, but got sidetracked a little with UI again. I still would like to have a most immersive UI, only appearing when needed. The log works already this way and I would like to extent this functionality to the trait values, portraits and buttons/toggles. It's hard to get this feel "right", so I find myself writing and deleting code around this again and again. The current approach for - optional - immersive ui mode is:

- protraits appear automatically when sp/hp for any character differ from last turn, they disappear again next move (unless another change has happened)
- trait values (for main map traits) are only shown on change of party leader and disappear on next move (I also added that trait values highest in party are shown in green letters; also upon changing the party leader that character's name and remaining SP are shown above the character token on main map)
- buttons/toggles remain hidden unless called for via key press(f), they retract again on next move (an exception to the arrow key movement panel, this is always shown once activated)
- I am contemplating to show clock/area text, rations remaining and torches all the time (with the torch icon eventually being animated, when torch is on)
- same goes for the icon currently showing zoom level and time per step; I want to change this icon a bit anyway; Its graphic will be the current daytime (liek sun, moon, sundown, etc.,). Its text will be current time of day (like 09:40), removing this info from the clcok info line, and it will also (still) show time per step; the information on zoom level (close, medium, far) will be removed as this apparent by the size with which the party and many props are drawn
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions