Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby slowdive » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:21 pm

Happy New Year IceBlinkers! looking forward to a new year and even more fun with IB in 2019.

Lots of great features in the works by Karl (I'll do my best to keep IBx up to date with his new code) and fun adventures with community modules in the works.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:41 am

Happy New Year, may it be a happy and healthy one for all of us :) ... and full of IB, of course :D !
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:56 am

My daughter and I have been playing a bit of Bard's Tale Remastered from GOG (me watching and helping her play her party). She made an all female party with the following: Paladin, Monk, Rogue, Bard, Conjurer, and a Magician. I like the Hunters myself, but she wanted to keep a Rogue (she liked the rogue portrait better :lol: ). We spent most of our time today wandering around the town of Skara Brae fighting bad guys, but staying close to the temple. She really had a lot of fun playing it so far.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:48 am

Ah, good stuff :). An excellent choice for gaming together - like our beloved gold box series, Bard's Tale is surely the cornerstone for all RPGs to come afterwards and one of my main inspirations (and greatest childhood/youth memories), too.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:19 pm

So she asked for some wine and he sent us down to the cellars. He didn't mention they were packed with bad guys :D
Everyone is level 2 now. Still on first level of cellar.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:51 pm

Ha, the wine cellars, so long ago :). Tempted to have a go myself here, later... must finish tutoriöl adventure first, harf 8-) !
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:39 pm

Happy New Year all! I had a wild December but will have an indoors- and IceBlink-oriented January.
zach_holbrook

Postby slowdive » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:04 pm

youngneil1 wrote:Ha, the wine cellars, so long ago :). Tempted to have a go myself here, later... must finish tutoriöl adventure first, harf 8-) !

The remastered version of the trilogy is great fun. It keeps all the fun parts and adds modern conveniences that were just tedious chores before. I bought it from GOG, I only use GOG for download games.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:09 pm

zach_holbrook wrote:Happy New Year all! I had a wild December but will have an indoors- and IceBlink-oriented January.

Looking forward to hearing more of your ongoing IB work, Zach! It is great fun to hear your progress as you find time to work on IB. This year I will be focusing on IBx which will bring IB (and all of Karl's wonderful work on IB) to MacOS and iOS/Android tablets (and phones, but may not look good on them). IBbasic is mostly complete and will be moving into a maintenance mode now.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:11 pm

My daughter made more progress on Bard's Tale. Most of her party is level 6 now and she switched out the female Warrior with a female Hunter (it is an all girl party :lol: ). She is having a lot of fun with it. I pretty much just sit back and watch her play and give advice on tactics every once in a while on the tougher encounters.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions