Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby slowdive » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:29 am

I posted IBbasic v18 to Google Play. Mostly art editor updates and a fix to the get updates/download system only allowing one download per app session.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pongo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Good work! I'll download it later. I'm having a lot of fun with v17 making 3d maps. Talking of which, I noticed that one of the resources currently tagged as "walls" would work better as an "overlay". It's the big metal door image. The door has space on either side of it do it doesn't work as a standalone wall, but it would make a great overlay.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:56 pm

Pongo wrote:Good work! I'll download it later. I'm having a lot of fun with v17 making 3d maps. Talking of which, I noticed that one of the resources currently tagged as "walls" would work better as an "overlay". It's the big metal door image. The door has space on either side of it do it doesn't work as a standalone wall, but it would make a great overlay.

Good catch on the big metal door, I'll fix that. Have you had a chance to download "Blackwinter" from within the IBbasic app and test it out? I think the conversion came out okay, but it hasn't be thoroughly tested yet. It is a wonderful little demo adventure that links into The Elderin Stone.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:36 pm

Blackwinter by Pongo can now be downloaded from within the IBbasic app:
Pongo's Description:
"This is a story driven module for one player character. The demo takes the PC through an opening area of the module. It finishes at the point where the module "opens up" and the PC becomes free to explore the game world through travelling on a World Map. There is no content linked to the World Map at the minute though, so this is in effect the end of the demo!"

IceBlink 2 11_10_2018 10_01_49 AM.png
IceBlink 2 11_10_2018 10_01_49 AM.png (42.83 KiB) Viewed 1009 times

IceBlink 2 11_10_2018 10_02_07 AM.png
IceBlink 2 11_10_2018 10_02_07 AM.png (47.98 KiB) Viewed 1008 times

IceBlink 2 11_10_2018 10_34_22 AM.png
IceBlink 2 11_10_2018 10_34_22 AM.png (172.81 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pongo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:21 am

Yeah I saw Blackwinter had been added to the module list. I haven't played it yet, but I will do. I really should add some more content as well (also to the other half dozen unfinished projects sat on my hard drive...)
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:26 am

The arsenal of halffinished ones sounds promising for the future of modules to come :) .

Found a little bug with minimap in The Raventhal. The grid on minimap is transparent, so the font in log beneath it shines through in a square shaped pattern (at least for unexplored squares).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Pongo wrote:Yeah I saw Blackwinter had been added to the module list. I haven't played it yet, but I will do. I really should add some more content as well (also to the other half dozen unfinished projects sat on my hard drive...)

More content is always welcome. The hope with the IBbasic Campaign compatible modules (need a better catchy name for this common campaign system) is that builders can make smaller contained adventures that can be linked together to create a larger campaign. Crowd building :lol: That way builders don't have to feel pressure to build huge campaigns in order for IB to have large campaign potential for parties to adventure through. Like have modules work in PnP.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:38 pm

youngneil1 wrote:The arsenal of halffinished ones sounds promising for the future of modules to come :) .

Found a little bug with minimap in The Raventhal. The grid on minimap is transparent, so the font in log beneath it shines through in a square shaped pattern (at least for unexplored squares).

Try toggling the zoom mode. The normal integer scale for your device shouldn't show the gaps. I need to change the minimap drawing routine to use float (instead of int) and that should hopeful fix this issue (wasn't a problem originally when I didn't allow max scaling that introduced non-whole numbers).
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:43 am

I spent most of yesterday and today cleaning up all the IBbasic default art assets to a more common pixel base, only include art created by us or approved for use in IB, and a more consistent naming convention. The list is much smaller now, but it gives us a better base to start of with and avoid any issues going forward (with Apple or potential copyright issues). There are still a few placeholder art that may have copyright issues, but I will be swapping those out soon with my own art, but keeping the same file name. I fixed any issues with lost art for the following modules (will upload the changes at the same time that v19 comes out): BarQuest, Birthday, Blackwinter, FirstMod, Raventhal, and TheElderinStone. I have been using the in app art editor to do much of the work. IBbasic is starting to look more and more polished :P
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:08 am

Yup you are right, deactivating the stretched zoom ended the glitch on the minimap.

Cleaning the art is a good one. Knowing that the base art is fully usable will save headaches in the future :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions