Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:29 am

A few additional questions/ideas to narrow it down:
1) have you opened and saved your module in toolset v144? This always a good idea with new versions.
2) is the behaviour the same for new and saved games?
3) does it show up for freshly created pc with this trait, too?
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:38 pm

Thanks Karl -- I'm doing some more testing, and if I can't figure anything out, I'll send a link soon. So far, I've tried what you suggested. Saved in the new toolset, tried with both new and saved games, and used old and new characters -- still getting the freeze. No report is sent to the error log. Some other things I've experimented with -- adjusted all traits from "Always" to "InCombat" (figured it was worth a shot). But this didn't work. I'm using a custom CombatUI file, so I changed some things there, too, but still no luck.
zach_holbrook

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:28 pm

Really valuable feedback - without the input from you guys we would not be here today. Makes me hopeful that IB will reach the finish line indeed one fine day.

IB Beta v145 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcqygm0eej4f4 ... 5.zip?dl=0

- tried to fix nasty crash bug thankfully reported by Zach: it is related to the toolset not correctly storing information on trait usability in the player classes file. With v145, please open the trait editor in toolset, close it, open player class editor, close it, then save your module. Afterwards, fingers crossed, all should work well again.

Oh, Zach's module looks so amazing (just the glimpse I had at it for debugging reasons), alone the module screen graphic and summary/introductry text of the module have caught my interest big time already :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:17 pm

Awesome, and thanks. I'm excited to try this out and will let you know how it goes. And I'm of course very pleased that the module looked cool to you! You will with any luck see a lot more of it this year :)
zach_holbrook

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:47 pm

Great prospect that is :) . Looking forward to hear how it works out on your end (should do fine as I used the provided savegame for verifying, but you never know ;) ).

Chasm indicator prop graphic will be drawn on top of party now while inside the chasm. I still have to the graphic itself, likely some kind of curved green arrow symbolizing the trajectory line of a jump (turned, depending on jump direction).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi Karl! The trait issue is gone, but now I'm experiencing some different strange combat behavior. The encounter I had you try via the betafox works fine, but the same encounter (same tag, only difference is the conversation used to call it and the fact that other scripts fire before it) in the game itself consistently freezes. I tried initiating two combats in a row in your tutorial mod but didn't see the same thing happen there -- I also tried using 132 and couldn't get the crash there either. If you want to see if the same thing happens to you using the version of my mod I sent you, it's two screens south of where the last saved game began:

troubleencounter.png
troubleencounter.png (834.53 KiB) Viewed 794 times

Also, I'm loving the sliding UI :)
zach_holbrook

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:13 pm

Ah, sorry for this additional bug here. Took me some time to find, as it was hidden in a try/catch code area (meaning that the bug is not directly causing the crash, but the code just tries to go on). In the end, it was (again) related to encounters not being called from props, but just from triggers. I had added new messages for when a prop ambushed the party on main map and caught the party flat footed therefore in the first round of combat. Here I forgot a safety check for encounters called from tirggers.

IB Beta v146 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5zl8d733naod ... 6.zip?dl=0

- fixed another start of encounter crash bug thankfully reported by Zach

Btw cool usage of enemy reinforcement system (even with a limit via ib script) and victory conditions for holding a location. Really clever setup going on there :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:48 pm

Awesome, downloading now. Thanks!

I'm glad the combat looks interesting. It made sense to make use of some of the new options you put in! They add a lot, and I like the idea of there being multiple ways to beat a map.
zach_holbrook

Postby slowdive » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:25 pm

Wow, those map tiles look amazing Zach! Such detail and care in each one.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zach_holbrook » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:42 pm

Thanks Jeremy! Colorizing everything has taken much less time than I thought -- all the map tiles that were black and white are now colored in.
zach_holbrook

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions