Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:46 am

Wow, amazing work there! I love the idea of directional backgrounds for orientation. And combining it with time of day is really immersive. It looks very cool in the video :D !
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:12 pm

Yes, the video is amazing. Excellent work with the backdrops. I like the wall tileset you used in that one part for glass transparency.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:43 pm

Was in and out of town last week so not much coding. Yesterday I got the Mac mini out again and started to update all the software before testing the newest ibbasic build. Of course their were new iOS specific file handling issues that arose so I figured out a temporary work around... I'll need to research a permanent fix. Finally got most things working again on iOS in preparation for signing up with a Dev account and registering (provisioning) my iOS devices (iPhone X, new kids iPad, old iPad mini 1st Gen).
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:19 am

Signed up for iOS dev account and tried to use the new automatic provisioning function in Visual Studios...it failed. I may have to go the manual provisioning route as there is very little help on the internet at this point for this new feature (that isn't working for me). Not a big fan of Apple so far ($100 per year to be a dev, must buy a Mac to compile code, registering app and devices is a pain, etc.)

EDIT: Manual provisioning worked after a few hiccups...YEAH, IBbasic is now on my iPad mini 1st gen with iOS 9.3.5 and runs very smoothly (of course there are a few UI layout tweaks that will need to be made due to the 4:3 aspect ratio of iPads)...now need to add my iPhoneX to list of devices available for deploying.

IMG_0536.JPG
IMG_0536.JPG (134.21 KiB) Viewed 887 times

EDIT2: added my iPhone to list of devices available...(again with UI layout issues to be fixed :P )

20180610_224718.jpg
20180610_224718.jpg (153.62 KiB) Viewed 886 times
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:22 am

You're a genius, Jer :) ! That worked out breathtakingly fast and smoothly. And it looks top notch!
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Thanks Karl!

Came across a tricky scenario with iOS. I have been organizing all the embedded resources into folders for the shared project in xamarin. The UWP and Android apps retain this folder structure, but for some reason iOS app loses the structure and instead puts all the resources at a common root level. Not sure how to deal with this when I am try to create a list of only tiles or portraits to display to the user. I have a question in on the xamarin forums and hopefully can get an answer. The only fall back would be to have prefixes on all files and don't use folders, but I really don't want to do that. I'm not sure why it works great for the others builds and not for iOS... weird...must be a bug or some obscure setting somewhere :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:37 am

I still have no idea why iOS drops the folder path of shared project embedded resources for me. I did figure out a workaround so I think it will be okay for now...hopefully it gets figured out at some point.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:09 am

I wish I could be more helpful with this one. Hopefully the workaround is not too cumbersome for you.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:19 am

I now have iOS working with saving files to the user's personal documents folder in the app's root folder. So now you can create modules and access all the files through either iTunes or from the new 'Files" app that works with the newer OSs. At this point I think I have iOS, Android, and UWP all working at about the same level of functionality. Time to start testing everything out, fixing bugs, and adding polish. Once I have most all the obvious bugs fixed and most everything working properly, I'll look into posting beta versions for others to test. This should be straight forward for PC and Android, but will be a bit tricky for iOS and I'm not sure I even want to bother with UWP at this time.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:33 am

Keep the beta versions coming, this will be great fun :D !
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions