Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby slowdive » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:02 am

Posted updated apps this evening:
-IBbasic v13 for PC (on NWVault), iOS (waiting Apple approval for beta testers), and Android (on Google Play now)
-The Raventhal v4 for iOS (waiting for Apple approval for App Store) and Android (on Google Play now)
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:41 am

Awesome improvements there!

The scaling option comes in very handy on those smalish screens and allow players to have best of both worlds at the tips of their fingers.

Same goes for the panning in toolset - a very stylish and fun way to work on larger maps :).

Will download the newest iOS Version of The Raventhal on my wife's iPhone later and see the new scaling option in action. On my larger iPhone it worked already really well (with IBbasic default module).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:52 am

New scaling (full screen) works very good on my wife‘s iPhone. Movement is much easier with the increased button size. Great job :) !
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:26 am

youngneil1 wrote:New scaling (full screen) works very good on my wife‘s iPhone. Movement is much easier with the increased button size. Great job :) !

Great to hear that the scaling feature is working out. I tested it on the iPhone SE and 5s emulators to make sure it looked okay.

Tonight I worked on adding sounds to the engine. I am using this:

https://blog.xamarin.com/adding-sound-x ... forms-app/

So far I was able to get basic sounds working for things like button clicks and combat sounds. Next I will need to work on area music and area ambient sounds. I also want to add walking/step sounds and other ambient sound effects (as suggested by Karl awhile back). I'll need to add a toggle button to the main map for turning audio on/off.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:33 am

This will be a very big milestone - even very simple and sparse sounds add so much atmosphere. Really looking foward to this one.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:42 pm

I was able to get area music, area ambient sounds, combat sounds, and combat music all working now. Next I need to add step sounds. I have button click sounds working as well, but I'm not sure if we should keep those or not. I may need to implement a pop up dialog with volume sliders for all the different sound objects: area music, area ambient music, combat music, step sounds, click button sounds, all other sounds. That is seven sliders... Or we could just group all sounds together and leave the the music separate.

Feels great to have the awesome Raventhal music back in to the mobile version. Really adds a lot to the experience of the module.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:48 pm

That‘s excellent news there :) . Different sliders for the music/sound effect types will be very helpful, I think. I find myself finetuning the audio mix of games to my preferences quite often. Raventhal has iconc music, really amazing.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:19 am

I started working on importing and cleaning up the next two modules (The Elderin Stone and Lanterna - The Exile). It looks like Lanterna came over fairly easy as it is not as complex as TES. For TES, I will need to check all the scripts that deal with props (since there are no props in IBbasic) and convert then to deal with triggers with images instead. I also need to clean up a lot of tiles since IBbasic doesn't have rotation or mirroring of tiles.

I created a small tool for creating all the app icons and launch screens for both iOS and Android. It works very well. I then created all the icons for both Lanterna and TES. I also setup both iOS and Android projects in the IBbasic VS solution and updated all the files as needed. Most everything is working in VS for both modules now, I just need to test and fix the modules themselves as mentioned above. After that, I'll post some betas to Google Play and TestFlight.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:22 am

Lots work done there - the ease with which you create new helper programs is really impressive. Thr years of hard work and getting routine certainly pay off.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:59 am

I was able to get a lot done this weekend (relatively of course :lol: ). I have most everything working in Lanterna -The Exile. I made a complete play through in debug/win mode to make sure all quests triggered and completed. Now I have a list of bugs to fix that I noted during the play through. Once all those bugs are crushed, I'll do another play through without using "win" mode to make sure all combat stuff is working (spells, special weapons, etc.). At that point it should be ready for release and I can start fixing up The Elderin Stone conversion next. I hope to have both ready for this up coming weekend.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions