Lightning Bolt

Any bugs found while playing or testing the engines for both PC and Android

Lightning Bolt

Postby Dorateen » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:05 pm

youngneil1, when you have chance, could you look into how the lightning bolt spell is working in game? It seems a bit wonky.

Up until now, I have seen the line of lightning from enemy casters frequently miss the player characters. I figured it might be a targeting issue in the code.

However, I just set up a new encounter with multiple magic-users. They were casting lightning bolts... everywhere: at each other, in odd directions, all random targets, EXCEPT the party. Could be this is because it is the only spell that fires in a straight line, or diagonal. And the pathing of the lightning strike appears to not be functioning as it should. I would appreciate if you could test it out, again, with regard to enemies trying to use the spell.

Thanks!
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Re: Lightning Bolt

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:11 pm

Thank you for the heads up, Dorateen. I will have a look (I think you are right that it is related to the shape of the area of effect and/or enemies not correctly using point target location based spells).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Re: Lightning Bolt

Postby Dorateen » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Great! Not that it is an urgent issue. It was kind of amusing to see all these spell casters electrocuting each other with the party hunkering down in the middle wondering what was going on. But it would be nice to see the enemy ai make effective use of the spell. Lightning is a neat tool to have in their arsenal.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Return to Engine Bugs