Duplicate Encounter has the same reference as the original

Report any bugs found while using the toolset

Duplicate Encounter has the same reference as the original

Postby Zeke » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:28 pm

When I duplicate an Encounter and edit the copy, all the changes are also saved to the first one.

I've created an encounter with two enemies, duplicated it, deleted one of the enemies, and now the two encounters have only one bad guy in them.
Zeke

Re: Duplicate Encounter has the same reference as the origin

Postby Dorateen » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:22 pm

What I do, even if I am looking to create a duplicate, is create a new encounter. You can still load the same map file to use as a base, then repopulate with creatures and place the PCs. So you might name two separate encounters that are meant to be identical, Orcs1 and Orcs1a, for example.

It's a little bit of extra work, but I've been functioning as though the toolset treats every encounter as unique.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:35 pm

You guys have a good point there... let's see if we can make true deep copy of an encounter instead (and not just a reference/shallow copy). Don't know how feasible this is in the end, but it would make sense.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:18 pm

Thank you for the answers.

@Dorateen
That's a good idea. If there was an export tiles as image, it would be very easy. It's really not necessary, creating encounter map is very fast and quick.
Zeke

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:05 am

So, I looked a bit into this: Jer is already deep cooying where neccessary (only lists for triggers and props needed adjustments - I might very well have forgotten to simply synch this properly so far). For creatures, an encounter and its duplicate can have different setups for me. So in the main regard it should have worked correctly on your end. Do the issues with duplicated creatures on encounters till persist with the beta v24? In betav25 I will add the additional fixes for triggers and props mentioned above.

What still happens is if you place two triggers calling a specific encounter, they do indeed call the very same encounter. So if you win the encounter once, both triggers will not call it anymore. Some kind of repeatable flag might resolve this.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Return to Toolset Bugs