Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:19 pm

But just to be clear, is the gcCheckManualKeyboardInput.cs script used to actually call up the question box (it looks that way, from Parm4) as well as check if the player's input is correct?

Exactly. When the conversation parser goes down the NPC nodes (from top to bottom), as soon as it encounters a gcCheckManualKeyboardInput as condition, it will show the question box. Only on a correct answer it will reveal the NPC node that the condition was layed upon. On false answer, it will go to the next (possible) in line NPC node and reveal that one instead.

Furthermore, you can directly attach gcCheckManualKeyboardInput to a trigger on mainmap and it will open the question box upon triggering. As Event2 and Event3 can be made dependend on cg_checking in Event1 now (via gcTrue and gcFalse checkboxes), you can control what happens on a correct and on false answer by palcing corresponding scripts (or other events) in Event2 (true) and Event3 (false).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:10 pm

IB Beta v106 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3r6953mvg4yyq ... 6.zip?dl=0

- I optimized the code for loading props and areas a bit, especially changing between to neighbouring areas (shown cohesively) is much, much smoother now

Note: Please let me know if this should cause any trouble for your existing/work in progress modules (this is a rather tricky part of the code, so you never know...)
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:47 am

I am trying to get prop image (token) exchange by script in. I could eg use this for the smash wall idea above (then authors will not have to place a stack of different props indicating the growing amount of cracks in the walls, but just one prop whose changing image is manipulated by script). I guess other dynamic manipulation ideas will arise later, too. Open/closed door maybe?

The approach I take here is to extend the osSetProp script by another property: ImageFileName (use /i for quickly adressing it). The former bool only parm3 will then (also) accept normal string values, ie the image file name itself.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:56 pm

Exchanging prop token by script as described above is up and running now. It is also stored correctly in savegames.

Looking the possibility of tile graphic manipulation by script now...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Sat May 19, 2018 3:37 pm

Don't have much free time lately, but whoa those are some great updates! Good work!

I'm still not using the latest version but stumbled on something. When I want to use a Trait during battle, its name is that of the spell that it casts and not the name of the trait itself.

Also, traitImage doesn't seem to work :?

And one more curious bug. If you enable a trait in Allowed Traits in the Player Class Editor, close the window and save the module - the trait won't be saved in the JSON. But if you check the trait, select another class from the left and then exit and save - it works.

EDIT: Stumbled on the useable trait problem again. knownInCombatUsableTraitsTags is not updated in the JSON when I check a useable trait for a character.
Zeke

Postby youngneil1 » Sat May 19, 2018 5:10 pm

IB Beta v107 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83gccr3cyzh7h ... 7.zip?dl=0

- added osSetTileLayerGraphic.cs script:

osSetTileLayerGraphic.cs - Sets a (new) graphic for layer 0 to 5 of a tile in current area

//parm1 = (int) x coordinate of the tile
//parm2 = (int) y coordinate of the tile
//parm3 = (int) layer affected (0 to 5)
//parm4 = (string) enter the (new) image file name here, like t_floor04 (without the .png extension)

Changes done by this script are remembered in savegames. Please note that they take precedence over any changes in the module then (normally tile changes in module modify the world within a savegame, too).

- also exanded functionality of osSetProp.cs script, so that authors can change the image of a prop ingame, too, (again stored in savegame):
//osSetProp.cs - Sets the value of a Prop property (true/false type) in the current area (Prop must be in the current area).
//parm1 = (string) tag of the prop or "thisProp" for the prop calling this script (leave blank to use index instead)
//parm2 = (int) index of the Prop in the List of props for the current area (0 is first Prop, leave blank to use tag instead)
//parm3 = (string) Property name to check (see list below).
//parm4 = (string) enter either "true" or "false" to set the chosen (parm3) property's value; in case of "i" (ImageFileName) enter the image file name here, like prp_earawen (without the .png extension)
//PROPERTY NAME TO SET
//(enter the single letter, not the full name. example: enter "s" not "isShown")
//s = isShown
//m = isMover
//a = isActive
//c = isChaser
//h = HasCollisions
//i = enter image file name without extension

Both changes allow lots of dynamic manipulation concerning the look of the game world (plant forests, dry up lakes, build houses, whatever you imagine...). With more foresight from me, I could do the same for height, but that would require quite the revamp of the height sytem, which is - for now at least - too much hassle.

@Zeke: Great to read you again and many thanks for the feedback:) . I will have a look into the trait problems you listed.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Sun May 20, 2018 11:34 am

Can't wait to experiment with osSetTileLayerGraphic.cs

I have so many ideas with this one:

- Secret passages
- Starting fires
- Pit Traps
- Destroying walls / doors
- etc.
Zeke

Postby youngneil1 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:23 pm

Thank you, Zeke, I am eager to use it big time myself :) .

I got traitname and traitimage being used now, overriding the same values of a traitassociated spell (next beta).

The bug with selections sometimes not stored for the very last clicked choice is a common one, unfortunately. I make a habit of clicking something else and then closing current wizard and saving which seems to work. Maybe I can find a reason for this odd behaviour later on.

Finally, not sure if I understood the last issue correctly: Iirc knownInCombatUsableTraitsTags should only be changed in the json of a character when that character learns this trait (during creation, in playerEditor, on level up) and then saved (creating/updating the json). Can you please give mire info on this one?
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Despite the serious brain damage I see incoming :lol: I will try to utilize the toolset's caculateHeightShadows method for ingame, realtime height manipulation by script (and store the effects for the maniulated tile and its eight neighbours, eventually from different neighbouring maps :roll: in savegame). This wil be espcially tricky for overlapping manipulations via script ingame... to terraform or not to terraforem, that's the question... Maybe this opens up the floodgates to MIBecraft :lol: ?
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Sun May 20, 2018 10:33 pm

Hmm, I don't know what I was doing earlier but now saving Traits work as it should. Sorry :?

I'm trying to create Double Strike trait. I know there is already such thing created but I'm giving this as an example of a trait that gives buffs to the user. After using the trait on himself, the character doesn't gain any of the bonuses. Here are the settings - https://imgur.com/a/UK0VSI9 What am I doing wrong :(
Zeke

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions