Engine Bugs

Report any bugs or ideas/suggestions that arise during testing of the Alpha Build Version 5

Engine Bugs

Postby slowdive » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:57 am

Report any Alpha Build 5 engine bugs here
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Engine Bugs

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:14 am

From Alpha 5.0 onwards some bug has crept into the prop sprite animation code it seems: All animated prop sprites are only displaying something like 2 (max 4 frames) and then skip to first frame again. Just try placing a test donut on the first Lanterna HomeDS map and watch its very, very shortened animation cycle. This affects all those animated props of Red Carnival, too. With Alpha 4.9 this bug was not existent (or so my version numbering and folder structure it seems to indicate)..
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:25 am

Another bug: Looks like that the very first top left square (0,0) of every map is always drawn black and is never uncovered (tested with Lanterna and Red Carnival). It appears the engine somehow always (wrongly) assumes that LoS to it is blocked.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:05 am

youngneil1 wrote:From Alpha 5.0 onwards some bug has crept into the prop sprite animation code it seems: All animated prop sprites are only displaying something like 2 (max 4 frames) and then skip to first frame again. Just try placing a test donut on the first Lanterna HomeDS map and watch its very, very shortened animation cycle. This affects all those animated props of Red Carnival, too. With Alpha 4.9 this bug was not existent (or so my version numbering and folder structure it seems to indicate)..

Fixed...I changed a value that ended up overriding the number of frames available...oops, changed it back to the way it was....now working again.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:07 am

youngneil1 wrote:Another bug: Looks like that the very first top left square (0,0) of every map is always drawn black and is never uncovered (tested with Lanterna and Red Carnival). It appears the engine somehow always (wrongly) assumes that LoS to it is blocked.

Yes, I saw that one too. I think I need to rethink the LoS code again. Have you seen any other issues with the LoS code? The other issue I've seen is that when a door is opened, the first square in front of you is black (moving backwards or forwards uncovers it).
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:45 am

Good to hear you're at those already :-). LI like the new LoS a lot - perhaps one thing though (with sight range 3):
00C0
X00X
X00X
P00X

C is the character, X are LoS blocked squares (that are shown themselves). 0 are non LoS blocked squares that are shown, too. All fine. Problem is the P square (LoS blocking itself). I would intuitively expect it to be visible (?), but it's hidden. There should be no LoS-blocking that prevents seeing it. Perhaps though it's outside view range 3 as it requires at least diagonal steps to get there?
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:09 am

Here's another similar constellation that feels little bit more off:

X00X
00CX
X00X
P00X
P00X

Both P are not visible here. At least the above first P, straight diagonal from character through 0 square should be visible? Note: Both P are LoS blocking squares themselves.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:00 pm

PCs killed by an AoO attack can still move after being killed (until their turn ends). One could imagine them staggering away, dying, blood all over the place though - might be an ambience feature :mrgreen:
___

When an another PC steps on a field with a dead PC, the dead PC is still drawn on top of the living PC (or at least the death marker is). I think the living PC should always be drawn on top?
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:57 am

ItemAreaOfEffect and ItemMaxDexBonus are not working. At least in the various instances I played around with these.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:03 pm

When using a ranged attack, the sprite ending file (e.g. explosion) is displayed quite a bit off (at x,y coordinates far away from the target). The projectile sprite itself flies correctly to the target.

Edit: Ah, my bad. Ignore this one. I had chosen a sprite end file that did not fit to the area of effect of the ranged attack. This is strange as area of effect in it self is not applied by the engine - always hit only one target.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Next

Return to Alpha Build 5 Bugs and Ideas Reporting