[Scripting] Killing an enemy before encounter starts.

Ask any questions that you come up with while using the IB2 Toolset

[Scripting] Killing an enemy before encounter starts.

Postby Zeke » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:21 am

I have a conversation in which the player can kill one of the enemies. Can I start the encounter at the end of the conversation with one of them dead? Or I must create a separate encounter?
Zeke

Re: [Scripting] Killing an enemy before encounter starts.

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:30 pm

I think we best do a new script for that, like gaKillCretaure, which takes as input the encounter tag and the creature tag.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:22 pm

Yes, I searched a couple of times for such script. It was strange because there is KillAll script but not KillCreature. And I can't seem to find a script to do damage to a creature in combat. Is there something like that?

Oh, I saw that there is add a creature to the current encounter. But here is no remove.
Zeke

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:02 pm

All migthy fine ideas and I think we should have a suite of scripts for setting up creature number and condition prior to the start of an encounter. I will prepare such as well as following up with adding a new type of ally that will not become a party member and will only exist for one battle (player controlled, not limited how many of such allies will be added, no portratits, no access to inventory or detailed stats).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Return to Questions and Answers