Combat & Conversation

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

Re: Combat & Conversation

Postby zach_holbrook » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:55 am

Thanks guys! I'm going to be traveling for a week, so I won't be updating until next Monday. But I intend to get some work done on Dungeon-Town regardless (especially on the plane).
zach_holbrook

Postby zach_holbrook » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:15 pm

Hello all! I've been busy, and I hope to finish the prologue portion + first level/chapter by mid-August. I'm happy to say that my work on what I'm calling the prologue is very quickly approaching a conclusion as soon as next week (though I expect there will be many revisions following).

If anyone is interested in testing anything when the time comes, let me know.
zach_holbrook

Postby slowdive » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:13 am

I'll definitely be ready to test once your have the prologue ready for testing.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:17 am

Awesome news there :) , count me in for testing, too. In September lots of stuff in RL hapoens here, so I might be a bit slow in that phase, but I hope I will be able to provide feedback even then.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Wonderful! I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.
zach_holbrook

Postby zach_holbrook » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:52 am

Hey guys! The first hour or so of the game is finished, and I'd like to get some feedback. If you're interested in some testing, send me a PM and I'll send a link to a zipped version.

A few things about this version:

1. It's pretty conversation-heavy, but there are four battles available.
2. You'll need to make four characters and keep them alive, or the game might break on you.
3. The playable part of the game pretty much ends right after you get your license and talk to Vance at the inn. There are only a few things you can do after that.
4. The rules I'm using are a little weird, and I don't have much in-game guidance for them yet. To win battles, use spells and traits liberally.
5. You *might* get enough XP to level up, but levels don't really work as intended for my custom character classes after 1st (yet).
zach_holbrook

Postby slowdive » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:36 pm

Started play testing last night for a bit. I built my party (using some of the already created characters) and then entered the game. The conversations are great and descriptive. The are plenty of options to role play your characters. No bugs so far. I tried to get into combat, but my first attempt ended in them getting scared and running off :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:14 pm

Great news, Zach. It would be a great pleasure to help you with testing (starting later, like mid or end of next week).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:40 pm

Thanks Slowdive! Very glad it's going well and that you haven't run into any bugs. Keep me posted! And let me know if you have any questions about anything technical or otherwise.
zach_holbrook

Previous

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion