The Elderin Stone

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

Re: The Elderin Stone

Postby Pongo » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:22 am

Just uploading a new version to the vault - there was a broken link in the Druid convo where the module could get stuck.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:58 am

Awesome, I always knew that I am goona get the deluxe edition version of The Elderin Stone in the end due all the delays on my side, yeah :lol: :D .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Mustawd » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi Pongo. Ran into another bug on the Android version. Affer talking to the archaelogist, i went back to the stone statue, but nothing is triggering for me to use the scroll. Tried using it from the inve tory menu, but it didn't do anything.

Also, I gave the fake druid staff to the bandits, but it still shows in my inventory.
Mustawd

Postby Pongo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:39 am

Thanks for all the feedback Mustawd - and sorry for all the bugs you're finding!
There are two ways of getting the stone to flesh scroll, depending on whether you fight the bandit camp or climb over the wall and do a deal with Lennil - can you remember if you got it from the wizard's chest or from fighting the wizard on the bridge? I wonder if it is a problem with the convo trigger based on that. In any case, I'll get it fixed later and upload a new version.
I'll fix the fake staff as well.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby Mustawd » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:40 pm

No problem at all Pongo!

I got the stone to flesh scroll after the bridge fight I think.

Also, I forgot to mention another weird issue that might give you some more insight. The whole chain of events went something like this (spoilers below):

1. Got the fake staff form Druid
2. Went to bandit hideout and tried entering by climbing the wall, but vines had been cut
3. Went to front and guard asked me if I had the staff. I said yes
4. Went through the dialogue choices and convinced them the staff was real. talked to the dying archaeologist.
5. Went back to the bridge area and fought.

Not sure if any of the following actions make a difference, but thought I'd be thorough.

6. Walked around a bit and tried leaving the initial map from where I came. Nothing happens
7. Walked to the stone guy. Nothing happens.
8. Wasn't sure what to do, so went back to the bandit map. Walked around to the wall and the vines were now there.
9. Climbed wall and walked around and noticed all bandits are gone except for front guard and all containers are empty.
10. Climbed out and went back to druid map. Nothing there
11. Went back to stone guy, and opened my inventory and noticed the stone to flesh scroll and the druid's staff.

Maybe walking around all the different maps broke something? I dunno, but hope that helps.
Mustawd

Postby Pongo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Thanks Mustawd

I had a quick go and wasn't immediately able to replicate the problem, which is annoying... I was hoping it would be something obvious! :) I must have accidentally hidden a really weird trigger hidden somewhere on the map, or buried in a convo. I'll track through the triggers and find it, but it might take a little longer than I first thought.

Basically, once the Druid quest is triggered it should be impossible to climb back over the wall to interact with the bandit camp (once the vines are cut back, the wall should be a permanent barrier); and there shouldn't be any issues with leaving the area at any point. I just had a go and this all seemed to work fine... so I'm clearly missing something. On the case.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby Mustawd » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:31 am

I'll try it again from a previous save. Would getting the save file of the bugged version to you be of any help?
Mustawd

Postby Pongo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:45 am

Thanks, but no need to send the bugged save over just yet - I'll see if I can find it first!
I've checked through the triggers and I don't see anything that would have caused this. And, on reflection, steps 6 - 11 sound like everything has broken, not just one stray trigger. There are many different triggers that either should have stopped or enabled you from taking certain actions in steps 6 - 11 that don't seem to have worked. I'm starting to think that the problem is therefore likely to be specific to the Android conversion rather than the module build. I'm going to have another go at replicating the bug later (on an android tablet this time) - if I can find it, it might be one where I need to bring Slowdive in to help fix it.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby Mustawd » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:19 am

Well i goofed and accidentally saved over my non-bugged load right before everything broke, so couldn'ttry and recreate.

Here'sa screenshot of the staff though http://i.imgur.com/tXGH5oF.jpg

EDIT: Pongo, since you're working on the Android version I think I'll just play through The Elderin Stone on my PC this weekend. Is it still IB1 or does IB2 work?
Mustawd

Postby Mustawd » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:32 am

Pongo I'm happy to report that on the IB2 engine, I didn't have all the same issues as in the Android version. I was able to use the scroll on the stature just fine, and the vines remain cut on the bandit camp fence. Only small bug I see is that I still have the Druid's fake staff after giving it to the Bandit, but that's not a huge issue. Now I can continue playing and it looks like the Temple is up ahead. :)
Mustawd

PreviousNext

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion