The Elderin Stone

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

The Elderin Stone

Postby Pongo » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:55 am

And its up!
https://neverwintervault.org/project/ic ... erin-stone

​The King is dying, and your party has been somewhat forcibly coerced into a seemingly futile mission to find a legendary artifact said to contain the power to heal the dying - an Elderin Stone. The King's archaeologist believes that a stone might be found in an ancient, unexplored temple in the Mirthal Forest, but whilst exploring the area he managed to get captured by bandits. It seems you have several problems to resolve...

This is a module for up to six player made Level 1 characters.

Good luck! :)
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Re: The Elderin Stone

Postby slowdive » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Awesome! Will be downloading and playing this afternoon during kids nap time :P looking forward to it.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dorateen » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Dorateen and company reporting for a new dungeon expedition! This looks great, I will download later and let you know how it goes.

Congratulations on the release.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:50 am

Hooray :D ! Big gratz from here, too!

The adventure description above is excellent already, setting motivation and mystery right around that archeologist up from the start... these artifacts rarely come without a price, no ;) ? Off to downloading...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:55 am

Started playing tonight after assembling the party. I enjoyed the adventure hook, and having a wide open forest area to explore before the main course of the dungeon. I want to examine every square to make sure I don't miss anything.

Even after a couple of points of interest, I feel like there is a long way to go and more excitement ahead of us.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:18 am

Thanks guys, hope you enjoy it! I had a blast putting it together.

I've had some useful feedback on combat balance, rations, and a broken convo/chest - I'll sort these out tomorrow night and upload a new version. There are two convos that I was worried it might be possible to break, one of which is with Lennil very early on in the module.... and it turns out you can indeed break it. :) On the case.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Having a really great time with The Elderin Stone, too, here (just less time than I would idealy wish for, but we will get there ;) ).

Thoroughly enjoyed the writing around the first dialogue with our main quest giver. Truely great writing, captivating and imaginative. Also, to the point.

Hehe, and indeed I did break the Lennil convo. It kept reappearing even though I was done with it (trigger not deactivated).I did change my mind during that combo on the last possibility I think, triggering battle. So, guess I was quiet deep into the convo tree. Oh, and Lennil and the camp somehow remidned me of the "Walking Dead" in a very good way (likely the dire bandit situation, torture and mayhaps some tone in Lennils writing).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:24 pm

Yeah, different Lennil convos trigger depending on whether you carved your way through the camp to get to him or found a different approach (your approach to this also affects how the convo with the archeologist triggers). I thought I'd tested the various combinations but I've clearly missed at least one! You should also get Lennil's dagger if you decide to drop him, but that doesn't seem to happen either. I'll get a fixed version up tomorrow night.

Heh yeah I'm working my way through season 6 of the Walking Dead at the minute actually, its great TV.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:35 pm

I've uploaded version 1.01 to the Vault (the same link as above).

The new version corrects the Lennil repeating convo and the chest that didn't trigger. I've also reduced the difficulty a bit (mainly by reducing the number of archers in the early game and the number of banshees in the later game, but also one particular creature only gets one attack per round rather than two) and added in a few more rations here and there. Hopefully this means its all a bit better balanced and more fun to play.

(EDIT: the updated module is uploaded on my profile, but not live yet on the general site - might take a bit of time I guess to show up).
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:12 pm

Sounds good. I will download the new version and continue from there.

Yes, I noticed that with the neverwintervault, there is a delay between when you upload a new file and it showing up for the public.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Next

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion