IB mini module BarQuest

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

IB mini module BarQuest

Postby Cagon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:41 pm

I know, the name isn't the best. I am making a simple low story and dialog module to test the toolset out and see if I like making modules. Basically go to the basement, kill rats, fins a dungeon to go into. Depending how much I like building Iust wondering where to post it to get some feedback.
Cagon

Re: IB mini module BarQuest

Postby slowdive » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:32 am

That sounds great Cagon! I think if you zip the file, you should be able to attach it to a post here. Use the 'upload attachment' tab when creating a post reply.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cagon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:09 am

Here you go. The blue transition circle in the first area takes you to a lower level, just for convenience. I would not intend to leave it there unless making a fast travel system. The last level has the same but to transition to the top. The top level bed will heal and raise dead for convenience also. Not sure how to handle the rest/revive/heal scenario. It is meant for a max of 4 characters. I just made changes but i was able to have > 4 characters and it caused encounter issues. As I said I just add/updated and have not tested yet and had a basement door that was locked and no way to unlock it. I think I fixed it.
Attachments
BarQuest.zip
(128.4 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Cagon

Postby slowdive » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:08 am

Awesome! I'll give it a go and see if I come across any bugs. Would you like me to post this to the server for others to download when you are ready or is it truly only meant to be a "getting familiar with the toolset" experience?
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cagon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:27 pm

I didn't fix the doors. I actually broke one. Here is an updated version with working doors.
Attachments
BarQuest.zip
(128.42 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Cagon

Postby Pongo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:37 am

Hi Cagon, sounds like a fun mini module! I can't get it to work though - I think I probably need the rest of the files as well as the MOD file?
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:56 pm

This is an IBmini module so you need to download IBmini from The Vault or download from Google Play on android device and copy the .mod file to the IceBlinkMini/modules folder.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pongo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:30 pm

Ahhhhh thanks
(I'll get there.... :))
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby Cagon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:47 pm

BarQuest V2

Slowdive – you mentioned adding it to the in app downloads. Fell free if you think it’s good enough. My first time doing any kind of module so I am unsure good or bad it is. I have liked building this far but am at the point where I need to decide if I want to allocate more time to it. Hopefully I can get some feedback on what people think.

I made some updates and added a few levels. I am not sure where version 1 ends. I went through it once and fixed a bunch of things. There are still things that need fixing or updating, see below for most of them. Currently there are 5 levels including the starting ‘home’ area. Level 5 isn’t finished yet, no way to go further down and the southern 1/3 has no content. I have changed design philosophy a little and made things less busy, less decorations. Trying out a different approach to see if it makes it quicker and easier for me to add content. One part of me wants to make it simple and dump out more content, the other side like decorations and interactive tiles. Some notes thoughts on what I have done so far and what I think I need to do.

• I’m trying to make the encounter areas as close to the map area the encounter takes place in. A little more work when building but I like the consistency. Is it worth doing it that way?
• I have a 2 encounters where you run across guards under attack. I am adding them into the party for the encounter and removing them after the encounter is over. I can either remove the cooperative encounters or add more. I am thinking of dropping the max PC characters to 3 and adding 1 – 3 temporary party members at different times. Do you like the rescue/cooperative encounters?
• I have 3 mover prop encounters. 1st one is a giant spider. Seems to work ok. Sometimes it does not get deleted. 2nd is a giant spider in level 3. Supposed to be on patrol and chase. Seems to do it sometimes but not always. 3rd is a Kobold in level 3 on post. Doesn’t seem to work quite right. I added static encounters near them to test different things. I am not sure if I will leave movers alone for now or look into it.
• Rest/healing. Currently there is a healing/resurrection bed at the top level. I am going to put a healer that charges to heal and more for a resurrection.
• Quick travel. I have 3 ‘quick travel’ portals in the top floor. A goes to level 3. B goes to level 4. C goes to level 5. I have them for easier testing of new things. I suppose if it gets deep enough a quick travel system would be nice.
• Some items don’t work right. I need to figure which and fix them. Is there a way to import items from another module? Or replace them with the items from another module?
• Add more conversation/quest content. I figure I might continue with the ‘help the guards clear the levels’ story.

Let me know what you think.
Attachments
BarQuest.zip
(134.44 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Cagon

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:17 am

Awesome, reads really cool. Extra kudos for adding mover encounters, I like :D !

Yes, module feedback is ultra important to stay motivated and I feel guilty taht I dont keep up with playing more. I will though, once a bit more dust around IB2 beta has settled. Keep going strong :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion