Hearkenwold Beta

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

Re: Hearkenwold Beta

Postby Dorateen » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:09 pm

October Update

Bit of a late progress report here. Last month things slowed down considerably. I did manage to start on the next level, the Fifth Hall. One of the characteristics of this level is a large tavern called "The Ax and Anvil". This of course will be a separate map to transition into.

For this month of October, I intend to move on to the sixth hall, which is smaller than the ones below it. In fact, you can envision the design of the mountain as triangle, with a wide base represented by the lowest levels and then narrowing to the highest peak.

Here is an image approaching the above mentioned tavern. The clay brick tiles with wooden door are homes of the dwarven citizens, the same as those used on the Village of Hamhock.

Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:57 pm

The pyramid mountain structure sounds inspiring to me and I am sure my guys will have great fun in "The Ax and Anvil" :) . My own progress was rather slow, too, but that's totally okay considering the long run & fun :D .

Keep the monthly updates coming, Dorateen, they always fill me with great joy.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:05 pm

Sounds fantastic, Dorateen. I'm almost to a pause and maintain stage for IBbasic...finishing up The Birthday conversion. After that I hope to start playing through Hearkenwold again and getting caught up on the newest material. I would also like to play through Zach's latest module as well. I'll be splitting my time between adding new features to the IBbasic toolset and playing through IB modules (and testing out all the cool new features in IB, thanks Karl).
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion